What have we achieved since we were relegated 10 years ago?

Duracell

Poll  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playoff final ‘14 was the worst; seeing all those blue and white flags and realising that there was only a minute left and it was too late. 

I don’t know about achievement, but the most enjoyable for me was the 5-0 deforestation, closely followed by the Brighton semifinal. 

Surely selling Tom Ince should be in section 1. What's been our greatest achievement since relegation?

As I've said a few times on here already, we were never going to get promoted with Tom Ince and Darren Bent in the squad, and we are about to be promoted, so forget the past and enjoy the now and the future. 

Come on it's Friday night, and it's beer o'clock, and the clock is going tick tock, tick tock........

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

• It should read .... Giving Will Hughes away ! Best player seen at this club in a generation and soon to be a full international . Bet we didnt even have a bonus in the deal for that . Compare his pass to Bent in the same fixture as that pathetic surrender Wed night , its been said in another post but .... How are we still 5 th ?? This division must be worse than ever . 

22 hours ago, BridgfordRam said:

Injuries were unlucky that season definitely, but there was naivety and a sense that Mac didn't care:

Thorne was unlucky at the start of the season, but we had time to prepare with 6 week of transfer window left and an open loan window. Whitbread, I didn't even know he was injured or that he played that season. Granty was covered by Butland early in the season before his head was turned. Eustace was a gutting injury but relying on a 35 year old for a season (Omar couldn't do the physical bit of the holding role) was ridiculous. Again, that happened in January so we had time for a replacement.

The strikers injuries were annoying and the biggest faultering point, but what made it more annoying was that Mac completely ignored Kenwyne Jones! We played with a big, physical striker to give us our shape, and we only had Bent for backup. Steve says there were no players available, two days later Bournemouth sign Jones on loan for half a season. Again, tactical naivety and struck me as someone who didn't care.

Grant was injured again in the last few weeks of the season.

Mascarell always get a hard time from fans, he was brought in to replace Thorne's passing ability, Eustace was there for the games that were going to be physical, he wasn't ruled out of the season until April.

Who is to say that we didn't enquire about Jones? Who is to say that Cardiff or Jones turned us down, or they wanted too much. It's easy to say that we should sign x player or why didn't we sign x player, the truth is we will never know if we tried to or not.

McClaren denied that he wanted to leave, he said numerous times that he was our manager and his aim was to get us promoted. His biggest fault, and one that seems to have followed him around his career, is he was trying to be polite, not wanting to upset anyone, he was friends with John Carver and was trying to handle it diplomatically.

12 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Surely selling Tom Ince should be in section 1. What's been our greatest achievement since relegation?

As I've said a few times on here already, we were never going to get promoted with Tom Ince and Darren Bent in the squad, and we are about to be promoted, so forget the past and enjoy the now and the future. 

But that’s just something you personally have preconceived? 

4 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Suprised the Paul Jewell disaster never made it either, even after “its not my team” quotes in the premier he continued to be awful in his 4 months in the championship 

Indeed, a truly dark time his managerial time here.

Archived