Is Mel Pickering Mk2 ?

one_chop

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest, recruitment has been by far and away the biggest issue - Yes you could criticise Mel for allowing Clement and to a lesser extent Pearson & McClaren blow their wads on garbage (while remembering it's his *****g money) but ultimately the manager has to bear the brunt of the criticism. I look at out 15/16 inward transfers and it makes me want to cry.

I don't feel like the tightening of the belt next season is a bad thing, I'd rather we tried to find a bargain than spunk millions on Johnson, Butterfield et al. I just with they could all be got rid off ASAP without messing us up on FFP. The future is bright, embrace it!

5 hours ago, curtains said:

Mel hasn’t spent as much as Lionel pro rata has he. 

Did poor Lionel lose the lot ? (I can't remember).

PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, curtains said:

Mel hasn’t spent as much as Lionel pro rata has he. 

pro rata to what? hes stil got plenty more money left if thats what you mean, but FFP rules stop him spending much more i think.

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Lionel had one goal regardless of failures to get there and that was Premiership football.

I actually haven't a scooby what Morris plan is going forward. A money making exercise gone tits up IMO

My guess (and it's purely that), is that Mel saw Derby as a club with so much potential, so close to promotion and all it took was a bit of investment. Once we got to the prem he would look to sell and make a profit.

It makes me sick when see our recruitment during that first year with Clement.

Pickering was hardly a failure so I can’t really see the point here. That said I think mel should sell up personally, he’s clearly unwilling to put in any more money and imo to rebuild our aging squad to keep competing its going to cost quite a significant sum. No ones gonna think any less of him if he doesn’t want to put any more in given how much he’s put in already, it’s just so expensive to run a championship team. I’m sure there’s plenty out there who would give it a go though, can’t help but feel it’s time for new ownership.

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pickering was hardly a failure so I can’t really see the point here. That said I think mel should sell up personally, he’s clearly unwilling to put in any more money and imo to rebuild our aging squad to keep competing its going to cost quite a significant sum. No ones gonna think any less of him if he doesn’t want to put any more in given how much he’s put in already, it’s just so expensive to run a championship team. I’m sure there’s plenty out there who would give it a go though, can’t help but feel it’s time for new ownership.

To who? I don't think there will be a big queue of takers if Mel asked around and wanted to get back a decent chunk of the cash he's invested.

People have very short memories, LP was hounded out of the club and we ended up with the 3 amigos, who would want to go through that again?

30 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Starting to agree with this. 

30 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Why on earth would you want Mel to sell ? So a Chinese consortium can take over and take the heart and soul out if the club ? 

Archived