Excited for the game tomorrow

Massive game for Rowett, so many decisions he needs to get right and 3 points is a must.

live on tv for all to see, we are a laughing stock after Friday night, no better time to put it right against another team who got tonked 4-1.

Ledley needs to play, Palmer needs to play, Nugent needs to play, Wisdom needs to play, Olson needs to play, Hudds needs to play if not suspended?...Johnson needs to not play, Thorne needs to not play, Baird needs to not play, Cameron bloody Jerome needs to never play again.

Over to Mr Rowett and the players to deliver.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Massive game for Rowett, so many decisions he needs to get right and 3 points is a must.

live on tv for all to see, we are a laughing stock after Friday night, no better time to put it right against another team who got tonked 4-1.

Ledley needs to play, Palmer needs to play, Nugent needs to play, Wisdom needs to play, Olson needs to play, Hudds needs to play if not suspended?...Johnson needs to not play, Thorne needs to not play, Baird needs to not play, Cameron bloody Jerome needs to never play again.

Over to Mr Rowett and the players to deliver.

Please add Forsyth to not play, please 

I think the run of draws has given Rowett some sort of justification for sticking with the established players, no matter how badly they have been playing. He always take the cautious approach with team selection.

For tomorrow, he has no such excuse - time to see you be brave, Gary, and get some young legs and fresh ideas out there.

(Not least because hanging onto Thomas and Bogle around the first team squad 'just in case' and not playing them is doing the under 23s no favours at a time they need points on the board to retain their PL2 status.)

I don't think 3 points have ever been less relevant.

its a free hit. He can't lose.

If he plays the same 11 he can argue that its their chance to put it right.

He can make selective changes and no-one would argue.

He can play one or more u23s and if we drop points he can say 'i told you so'. 

If we win he's a genius and all the doubters are idiots.

if we lose - well it must be that the players are crap, or we played a youngster 

He can do anything. I'm not even interested in what he does or thinks anymore.

its another "slow deaf".

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I don't think 3 points have ever been less relevant.

its a free hit. He can't lose.

If he plays the same 11 he can argue that its their chance to put it right.

He can make selective changes and no-one would argue.

He can play one or more u23s and if we drop points he can say 'i told you so'. 

If we win he's a genius and all the doubters are idiots.

if we lose - well it must be that the players are crap, or we played a youngster 

He can do anything. I'm not even interested in what he does or thinks anymore.

its another "slow deaf".

Oh come on mate .. Dare to dream. Friday was a nightmare but there's hope man, there's hope. 

29 minutes ago, JG400 said:

If he was Brave he would play Huddlestone / Palmer in the middle , I suspect he won't and he will play Huddlestone / Ledley with Palmer out left were he is ineffective

That would be a disaster.

We lost all control of the midfield on Friday when Thorne went off on Friday and Palmer was forced to come deep with Johnson. That's even if we bear in mind that Thorne did not have a good game. 

Huddlestone would be left basically on his own against a strong and well-drilled Preston side. 

Ledley and Huddlestone should start in midfield. Johnson shouldn't be on the bench.

He could try Palmer as the striker. From what I gather he played there a few times for Huddersfield last season and did well.

Friday Night

Not sure I would say excited, but certainly looking forward to it, what’s happened has happened, draw a line under it and move on.

We’re 5th in the table with a game in hand. The fact we are still in that position given the run we’ve been on says a lot about the competition for a play off spot.

This season is still in our (well the players) hands, Huddersfield crawled over the line last season and faced an inform side in the semis, they have Arsenal and Man City coming up next in the Premier League....

Funny old game football.

It’s April and we’re still in the fight. 

7AD26FE5-21B4-4639-B6E1-DA66BC4D11E6.gif

33 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

We lost all control of the midfield on Friday when Thorne went off on Friday and Palmer was forced to come deep with Johnson. That's even if we bear in mind that Thorne did not have a good game. 

Huddlestone would be left basically on his own against a strong and well-drilled Preston side. 

Ledley and Huddlestone should start in midfield. Johnson shouldn't be on the bench.

He could try Palmer as the striker. From what I gather he played there a few times for Huddersfield last season and did well.

I don't agree , friday says more about how useless johnson is , I think Palmer can play in that position with a better player along side him , but hey thats what opinions are for 

37 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

He could even do some really radical and change the formation, he won’t of course but he could.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

3 points is essential tomorrow. Anything less than that and the season is over...and if we win and that lot down the road lose then they can’t finished above us..!

Well it ought to be 3 points. However,  I expect a rather conservative performance. Avoiding defeat and further humiliation could culminate in a bit of a bore draw. 

Archived