Richard Keogh.

Oneram66

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

@Alpha Agree with everything but BJ. 6/10 is generous. He’d average 4/10. Awful footballer.

I think there's probably an argument to say that Bradley Johnson is possibly one of the worst Derby County signings in history, especially when you consider what we payed for him.

Too slow to play out wide. Too clumsy to play in the middle. It's like watching a rugby league player try and play professional football.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my frustration with Keogh can be summed up by a moment early on in the game yesterday.

In the first few minutes, Keogh made a mistake which led to Sunderland having a pop at goal. Fortunately, on that occasion, we managed to get through it, but in the moments after I saw Keogh spin around, throwing his hands up in the air giving grief to Forsyth and then Curtis Davies. He made the mistake, but instantly, he's looking for someone else to blame.

I've seen him do this many, many times. Another notable example being against Bristol City. He made an awful back-pass that need put City through on goal. Carson cleared it. Keogh then rollocked him for not coming off his line quick enough. 

No doubt in my mind that he's a talented defender. Statistics prove it. But I just don't think this man is a good captain. In fact, I would probably guess that Curtis Davies is the captain at Derby in all but name. 

Keogh was poor yesterday like all the team, but over the course of the season he has been very good, like he has since he joined us, at least he gives his all, and he never  shy's away, he is one player who has deffo been a good signing, and will carry on giving his ALL for this club.

I said to a mate last night that the Keogh haters would be out in force and saying that we should get rid of him.  Some people have been waiting for ages for him to have a game like that just so they get another chance to have a pop at someone who has been very good alongside Curtis for the majority of the season.

At the start of the season I reminded folks of my verdict from Wembley, that the side would never get anywhere with a certain two players in the team. They make too many errors at important times.

The two players were RK and CF. I got slated.

Chickens and roost springs to mind.

I now would like to reiterate what I said before. This now with all the proof you need.

I'm not too bothered about last nights error.

i've seen colin todd do that.

the covering 'tackle' by davies was equally poor.

the problem isn't individual errors its the standard of performance for a while.

Stupid mistake that pass it could happen to anyone. Many more players were culpable last night.

Even with 3 covering players we couldn't stop that 2nd goal could easily have been stoppped.

Keogh has been much better this season and was unbelievable during our good run this season. 

The whole team is to blame for this slump no individual player.

Keogh’s credit is still good with me. I bet he had trouble sleeping last night because his mistake was bad, he’ll have been gutted by it. But I remember his block early on at home to Leeds, magnificent, his running out of defence with the ball trying to make things happen.

Way more positives in him being here for me than negatives but unlike those happy with Rowett, I will refrain from making personal remarks or questioning the sanity of those who think otherwise, you know, the stuff us Rowett sceptics have had to endure for months.

26 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I said to a mate last night that the Keogh haters would be out in force and saying that we should get rid of him.  Some people have been waiting for ages for him to have a game like that just so they get another chance to have a pop at someone who has been very good alongside Curtis for the majority of the season.

Good post, you hit the nail on the head there, 2 players this season who have been very consistent this season Keogh and Davis, and some can not wait to have a go at Keogh, just shows you how much these supporters understand the game, Keogh would get into any championship side.

16 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I'm not too bothered about last nights error.

i've seen colin todd do that.

the covering 'tackle' by davies was equally poor.

the problem isn't individual errors its the standard of performance for a while.

Keogh has been one of three players who have been excellent this season, along with Carson and Davis.

Has looked better this season, but I'd also say it's pretty hard to play badly when you're accompanied by Davies and two defensive midfielders. 

Good championship defender, wouldn't trust him in PL. Tends to do easy mistakes when put under pressure.

Okay Keogh had a ****%er of a game, but to be fair he usually works his balls off on the park and is a Ram through and through dispite what you may think of his football ability. I would be more concerned about the 8 or 9 other players that obviously have very little pride or respect when wearing the shirt.

3 hours ago, swiftur said:

Running around? that must have been a long while ago. I thought the score at Wembley was 1-0 to QPR. same players cocked up then as last night.

No the score at Wembley was 0-0 until Keogh made a mistake that "he will be remembered for"

It was after Bryson missed a chance that he apparently won't be remembered for. Yet both were game changing moments. 

Yes, running around. Like he has for most of his time here with the exception of 1 good season. Him and Hendrick getting battered in midfield every week until Hughes came along. But he won't be remembered for that. Because it seems losing the midfield doesn't cost us games. The only touch that matters is the one before the goal scorer. 

Like last night. It was all Keogh and Forsyth. Nothing to do with Johnson and Thorne who were so awful all they did was make other players think they were on Derby's side when their passing was actually helpful to Sunderland. Unlike Keogh they kept it up for their entire game.

12 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve been a huge fan of Keogh! He wasn’t at fault for Wembley (Fozzy and Bucko equally to blame). However he panicks when the pressure is on. The forest game was his only good one in the last 5, at fault v Fulham at fault tonight. I’m starting to think he is a major part of our flaws. I certainly don’t think he should he captain. He flaps too much. Almost he tries too hard and starts chasing the ball! 

However Davies was just as bad tonight and there is certainly few better at playing out from the back as Keogh in the division.

We like Keogh because he gives his all, but as you say he panics and is a major part of our flaws.

Have to disagree about Davies though.

Honestly, who cares about an armband?

Anyone here ever played football and been inspired by a piece of cloth? 

Here I am, having a mare. Missed two open goals and my passes are going wrong. Dave keeps shouting at me. Fred too. Norris offered me advice. But while Phil is my leader I'll only listen to him. He panics, I panic. Phil and his "C" arm cloth. My inspiration. When his dog died last week I killed my own.

This isn't war. They aren't trapped in a trench with Germans shooting at us. ******** ourselves looking to someone for clear and confident orders that will get us out alive. 

Archived