Richard Keogh.

Oneram66

WOW. 0-2 down to Sunderland. Richard Keogh on your way son!! Never liked you mate. Oh look it' now 1-3..........what a joke. Somehow we have got rid of ok players like Bryson,Martin,Hughes,Russell. We then bring in carson,Jerome,Nugent,Johnson,Blackman,bent.butterfield. all over the hill or past their best. Now we all know why we struggle so much!!! Time to have a clear out and stop being a dumping ground for **** footballers.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair we could lose the majority of these - shockingly poor side..we are getting destroyed by far and away the worse team in this division..we seem to have players who dont give a toss and a totally inept clueless manager who does nothing to alter the course of a game when things are going badly..

Wasn't this guy one of the standout performers for most the season? 

Am I making that up? 

What is **** is Johnson. Apart from a spell under Mac while playing DM he has been garbage since signing.

Weimann. Skips around like he's won on a scratchcard. Has he had 10 good games

Lawrence. Was greedy ballet dancer and Blackburn. Was the only player under 8ft and none hoofer in an Ipswich side. A crap Ipswich side. He may have looked like Maradonna on occasion but c'mon... Ipswich! He's a freestyle exhibition advert for Adidas. Never been good 

Forsyth was pretty good under Mac. Consistently stupid under anyone else  

There's players the consistently get picked and consistently are crap. Totally unreliable and live off one good effort in ten. 

Keogh isn't perfect. He makes some howlers. As did Davies at the start of the season. 

I'd suggest get rid of those that contribute next to nothing. You can't change a whole squad over night. Although this squad has changed since 2013/14.

Maybe I'm just furious about the Sunderland game. But I actually believe we'd be better with 10 men than thinking Johnson is on our side. He wastes half of the opportunities we begin to carve out. Brief spell under Mac. Other than that he's a donkey. I'm embarrassed to say I was happy we signed him. I rate him as highly as Stephen Pearson. Another blind kick and chase counter productive waste of a shirt

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Keogh the player has far more good games than bad.

Keogh the captain can’t raise the team and his scary-eyed panic spreads.

Agree with the latter. And to raise an old topic: Keogh has always got a mistake in him:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

This ,there was a photo in the DET a few weeks ago after we had just conceded .His expression and body language was not of a man just conceding a goal but of something much worse ,Been good up to Christmas though. 

12 minutes ago, KCG said:

Agree with the latter. And to raise an old topic: Keogh has always got a mistake in him:ph34r:

He actually has. Because he tries to construct attacks.

Nobody minds when he plucks the ball out the air and get us in possession rather than firing it back where it came from. Straight to the other team

Nobody minds when he has a little dribble or feint and skips out what would be done in 3 or 4 passes by any other CB.

Of course it's going to go wrong on occasion. But you play the percentages. 

His mistakes are always going to be costly because he's the last man. There's players higher up that constantly make daft decisions but their bacon is saved.

Keogh's errors are not much more costly than say Vydra missing a sitter. It happens.

Overall he has a positive effect imo. There's a few who you can't say the same about. They are consistently 'meh'

11 minutes ago, Grantona said:

I have often wondered....."Does Keogh ACTUALLY want to play in the Premier League?"

Maybe he is just an unlucky player, but he is a common denominator for Derby since 2013/14.

He didn't lose the game or promotion for Derby tonight.

In fact it wasn't his fault we didn't win at Wembley. Many seem to forget that a 0-0 draw wouldn't have got us promoted. 

I reckon if you marked Keogh out of 10 every game then over the season he'd be above 7/10.

Players like Johnson who don't make many huge costly errors would be lucky to average a 6. And the same goes for a few others 

1 hour ago, Oneram66 said:

WOW. 0-2 down to Sunderland. Richard Keogh on your way son!! Never liked you mate. Oh look it' now 1-3..........what a joke. Somehow we have got rid of ok players like Bryson,Martin,Hughes,Russell. We then bring in carson,Jerome,Nugent,Johnson,Blackman,bent.butterfield. all over the hill or past their best. Now we all know why we struggle so much!!! Time to have a clear out and stop being a dumping ground for **** footballers.

Stupid post by someone who obviously doesn’t go to the matches

31 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Great point, from the moment he ******* up for the 2 nd goal, his head was gone. Let him concentrate on being a centre half only and he will be a good one. He doesn’t do pressure well in my opinion 

6 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Keogh is the one of the last players who need shipping out of this side.

Genuineky consistent performer who’d be playing in the PL or at least have been promoted to the PL if he wasn’t saddled with this shambolic club.

So many worse performers this season.

Spot on. 

15 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Great point, from the moment he ******* up for the 2 nd goal, his head was gone. Let him concentrate on being a centre half only and he will be a good one. He doesn’t do pressure well in my opinion 

It said a lot about Keogh's state of mind that Carson had to walk to the centre circle and try to gee the players up for the kick-off - Keogh just couldn't do anything. And that tells you about his captaincy - above average centre half at this level, but not a natural captain - just doesn't have the strength of character to force a struggling team forward.....

Archived