Plain for all to see (but not the manager) !

Ram8

3 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I despair that it appears people are derided for posting their feelings on an open forum. 

Supporting a football club is an emotive business, we all see things in our own unique way, we’re going to agree with some posts, disagree with others, but one thing that stands out to me is I don’t see Rowett sceptics ridiculing the staunch Rowett believers.

Personally I don’t think @Ram8 has posted anything outrageous yet he is told to get over himself by one member and has another despairing by, I assume, people happy with Rowett.

Why aren’t people allowed to be unhappy with him ? All I see from his faithful is excuse after excuse for him, FFP, not had enough transfer windows, (he’s shown himself to be a little incompetent in his two so far what makes people think his third will be any better, he does like a drop of lastminute.com) not his own players, hamstrung by previous spending etc. Didn’t stop him telling us this squad should be top 2 at the start of the season, a quote often forgotten.

I think this says it all but for anyone who missed it read it now, especially:

"Supporting a football club is an emotive business, we all see things in our own unique way, we’re going to agree with some posts, disagree with others, but one thing that stands out to me is I don’t see Rowett sceptics ridiculing the staunch Rowett believers."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I despair that it appears people are derided for posting their feelings on an open forum. 

Supporting a football club is an emotive business, we all see things in our own unique way, we’re going to agree with some posts, disagree with others, but one thing that stands out to me is I don’t see Rowett sceptics ridiculing the staunch Rowett believers.

Personally I don’t think @Ram8 has posted anything outrageous yet he is told to get over himself by one member and has another despairing by, I assume, people happy with Rowett.

Why aren’t people allowed to be unhappy with him ? All I see from his faithful is excuse after excuse for him, FFP, not had enough transfer windows, (he’s shown himself to be a little incompetent in his two so far what makes people think his third will be any better, he does like a drop of lastminute.com) not his own players, hamstrung by previous spending etc. Didn’t stop him telling us this squad should be top 2 at the start of the season, a quote often forgotten.

Yes fair point, people ought to be able to air their views, irrespective of how wide of the mark others think it may be. 

5 hours ago, Ram8 said:

I feel, very strongly, that we would be in a MUCH BETTER position if we were now playing Chris Martin regularly, and a MUCH, MUCH BETTER position, particularly if Rowett had also appreciated Will Hughes, and / or given Elsnick his first team chance .. 

But his one dimensional tactical thinking, that we got away with for a while, has now started to show his serious limitations as a manager, and if Mel Morris  starts to tot up the costly mistakes and seriously flawed assessments of ‘player values’ to the club that Rowett has promoted, then he may (justifiably in my view) bring out the axe again, and look to introduce the ‘Derby Way’ once again, under another manager, because that is the only way that we will get out of this division AND succeed in the Premiership ! 

Possibly his most serious tactical mistake is to neglect the yawning chasm of empty space between Tom Huddlestone / George Thorne and Vydra; because Vydra is NOT a ‘traditional’ linking No. 10 (like Norwich’s Maddison or Fulham’s Cairney), and, despite his valuable goals, cannot be expected to play immediately behind our No. 9, AND be that ‘scheming’ link man ! 

The unfortunate result of this ‘wide open space’ policy is the tactic of having Huddlestone limit himself to launching long balls to wingmen who have not got either the pace or acumen to take them on the run and deliver dangerous crosses .. he (and Thorne) should be alternating this tactic with giving short, accurate balls to (should have been) Hughes or Elsnick ..

I (and to be fair) some other supporters on this Forum, can see this so clearly, why cannot our well paid professional manager ? 

Go and have a lay down.

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

None of those 11 were scored in his last 39.

Thats not to say Martin is a poor player, but statistics brought up about Jerome must also be considered to be out of sorts if that about Martin is.

Here's where stats can be misleading and why you should also bare in mind minutes on the pitch, unless you're trying to prove your point of view (not you personally Millennium)

Looking at Martin this season, 27 Games, 2 goals, sounds terrible for a striker right? You could argue whilst not impressive either Jerome has done better scoring 2 in 23.

Martin though has only had 1066 minutes on the pitch which in game time is just under 12 games, Jerome 1353 minutes which in game time is 15 games. Not a lot in it to be fair but shows why you shouldn't just blindly take the games to goals stat.

Martin's last 3 games at Derby, 3 minutes v Birmingham, 9 minutes v Sheff Utd and 18 minutes v Villa, that's not a lot of time to impact the game, you can, ask Solskjaer, others need a run of games, build confidence and stamp their authority on games. 

Been a similar story with Jerome at Norwich, bit of game time here and there, hasn't been able to nail a place in the team.

Couple of seasons ago Jerome scored 16 in 2888 minutes on the pitch, that's a goal every 2 games. Wasn't a one off, another season 18 in 3169 minutes which is just under a goal every 2 games. 

#stats eh!

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

but one thing that stands out to me is I don’t see Rowett sceptics ridiculing the staunch Rowett believers."

I read most posts on here and can honestly say that's not true otherwise we wouldn't see "happy clappers" thrown around so much. 

The result dictates which side is more vocal that night. Same with every club, bet you will find Man City fans on forums not happy with Pep. This is the internet where anything can be found!

I think this says it all but for anyone who missed it read it now, especially:

"Supporting a football club is an emotive business, we all see things in our own unique way, we’re going to agree with some posts, disagree with others, but one thing that stands out to me is I don’t see Rowett sceptics ridiculing the staunch Rowett believers."

Roy that's got to be tongue in cheek mate You are definitely the worse at ridiculing the staunch Rowetts believers  Perhaps that's because he's only lost 7 in 35 and you've hated every one of his wins 

19 minutes ago, David said:

Couple of seasons ago Jerome scored 16 in 2888 minutes on the pitch, that's a goal every 2 games. Wasn't a one off, another season 18 in 3169 minutes which is just under a goal every 2 games. 

#stats eh!

In a style of play that depends on speed, you've left out a vital stat for Jerome, his age! He's somewhat older now...

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

None of those 11 were scored in his last 39.

Thats not to say Martin is a poor player, but statistics brought up about Jerome must also be considered to be out of sorts if that about Martin is.

Fair enough...I'd be interested as to Jerome's equivalent over the same period.(edit....answered partly by David now)

personally don't think that either were out of form,just that neither were played to their strengths by Gary....or rather the system he is using will not get many goals out of either of them.

I personally believe that Martin adds a lot more to a Derby team in terms of assists and hold up play than Jerome but Jerome has his own benefits in his speed.

Either way,it was quite bizarre that GR replaced Martin with another player clearly just as unsuited to our current game esp how he bemoaned that Norwich hadn't been playing to his strengths when we signed him

#theirony

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

In a style of play that depends on speed, you've left out a vital stat for Jerome, his age! He's somewhat older now...

Apologies, Jerome is 314 days older than Messi and 555 days younger than Ronaldo

For me it’s not the age, it’s the 1.5m spent  to get him here, money that could have been used to strengthen elsewhere.  

I sincerely hope he scores tomorrow so that this post can be highlighted to show how wrong I am :-)

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

You ever consider the manager might know a thing or two About tactics more than you, a fan on a football forum? If you honestly think you could have done a better job with the squad and resources available then you’re seriously deluded.

I’m pretty sure Rowett has noticed the chasm in midfield, hence links with the likes of Ryan woods, but we simply don’t have the funds to sort it out, so he’s implemented a style of play with Huddlestone distributing to wingers making runs, which worked for a while and still is to an extent attacking wise. Do you really think Martin would come in and stop Forsyth and Keogh gifting goals to the opposition? Cause we’re scoring enough goals, and it’s not like he’s gonna be any better in our pressing style of play. To get the best out of Martin we’d need a whole new midfield, putting him in there as it stands would improve nothing, and probably worsen matters imo.

Better Martin than Jerome. How many successful passes has Jerome made to team mates since he arrived? Looking back to Martin's last appearance where a lovely flicked pass led to a goal ...... seems an age  ago and Rowett has unsuccessfully mucked the team around a hell of a lot since then.

He has scored 1/3 of the goals nugent has and nugent has scored 1/3 of what vydra has.

He's gone he's past it get over it. He didn't take his chances under GR and he's not the first manager to offload him.

Rowett is a great manager let's just trust him.

I love Chris Martin. So much so I'd build my team around his needs if I was manager.

But I'm not, Gary is, and so I see no harm in letting a well paid player who wasn't ever going to be Gary's man leave on loan.

If he was still here, he'd still be getting no more playing time, and wouldn't be saving our season either.

Jerome is Gary's man now, let's hope now he's signed a player best used as one part of a forward duo he uses him a such.

Sadly I see no sign of such a plan as yet, but surely that's why we signed him?

Jerome and Matej up front, with Palmer supplying the ammo should be the game plan from now on, surely?

18 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Better Martin than Jerome. How many successful passes has Jerome made to team mates since he arrived? Looking back to Martin's last appearance where a lovely flicked pass led to a goal ...... seems an age  ago and Rowett has unsuccessfully mucked the team around a hell of a lot since then.

He’s only played about three games! I’d probably prefer Martin to Jerome too but give him a chance, he looked good against Brentford. Not entirely sure what Rowett has really messed about, just that the problems he couldn’t fix in either window have come more to the fore.

9 hours ago, Ram8 said:

I feel, very strongly, that we would be in a MUCH BETTER position if we were now playing Chris Martin regularly, and a MUCH, MUCH BETTER position, particularly if Rowett had also appreciated Will Hughes, and / or given Elsnick his first team chance .. 

But his one dimensional tactical thinking, that we got away with for a while, has now started to show his serious limitations as a manager, and if Mel Morris  starts to tot up the costly mistakes and seriously flawed assessments of ‘player values’ to the club that Rowett has promoted, then he may (justifiably in my view) bring out the axe again, and look to introduce the ‘Derby Way’ once again, under another manager, because that is the only way that we will get out of this division AND succeed in the Premiership ! 

Possibly his most serious tactical mistake is to neglect the yawning chasm of empty space between Tom Huddlestone / George Thorne and Vydra; because Vydra is NOT a ‘traditional’ linking No. 10 (like Norwich’s Maddison or Fulham’s Cairney), and, despite his valuable goals, cannot be expected to play immediately behind our No. 9, AND be that ‘scheming’ link man ! 

The unfortunate result of this ‘wide open space’ policy is the tactic of having Huddlestone limit himself to launching long balls to wingmen who have not got either the pace or acumen to take them on the run and deliver dangerous crosses .. he (and Thorne) should be alternating this tactic with giving short, accurate balls to (should have been) Hughes or Elsnick ..

I (and to be fair) some other supporters on this Forum, can see this so clearly, why cannot our well paid professional manager ? 

Do you mind me asking how many coaching badges do you hold? how many league clubs have you managed or even how many teams have you coached/managed?.Or probably more accurately how many hours a week do you play Football  Manager??????

Archived