Queen’s Park Rangers F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

PistoldPete2
9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Let's be honest here,lose to forest and Mel's going to pull the trigger,no matter what anyone on here thinks....his new contract/long term plan will not make any difference.

Mel's not going to keep faith in Gary forever and we can't blame him...he's been paid to improve the team and it's not happening.

I dont see a sacking happening now. The simple fact is the squad isnt good enough. The blame for that lies with Rowett for sure, selling hughes for peanuts , letting martin and bryson go on loan but theres nothing anyone can do about that at this stage of the season.  

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kernow said:

Being the 2014 Derby side hasn't served us brilliantly though. The potential was there to build but a series of mistakes, poor judgement and knee-jerk reactions has left us where we are today. I just want to get out of this ******* league.

Being the 2014 Derby side served us brilliantly. We were spectacular to watch, but took a sucker punch in a game we dominated and would win 80% of the time. Everything that happened afterwards was the problem, and certainly doesn't mean that we should give up on possession based attacking football. I'd love to see us go back to what made us strong then.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not good enough tonight. I think lots of people have overreacted to recent performances. They haven’t been bad and we haven’t had the rub of the green. Tonight however nowhere near the standard.

Autos gone. I think we’re in a scrap with Boro Bristol Preston and Sheff U for 5th and 6th now. 

Sacking the manager would make absolutely no sense. I’d give Rowett another season even if we don’t make playoffs. Need stability. He needs the summer transfer window to really get the squad he wants. After that - no excuses.

I think everyone is worried about Saturday especially with Thorne and Ledley out injured.

Agree we have to stick with Rowett until next season but I wouldn't like to be in Mels' shoes if that doesn't work out. If we don't get promoted after another season and the style and recruitment continues along similar vein, we will be in such a state with an ageing squad, bereft of a nucleus of skilful players and incapable of making a major about-turn in playing style and system.

Forum meltdown. I read a page then there’s another to catch up on. 

Folk are going to react at the final whistle, and conceding so late, horrible. Big up to those that made the trip, midweek to the capital never easy or that pleasant. Cardiff, Fulham, Villa all going great guns. This does lend itself to the previously predicted melt. I’ll make sure I’m hungover from Saturday night for Sunday’s game now.  Brace yourselves Rams...... incoming :)

6 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

This isn't a team that can win automatic. This isn't a team that can win a semi final of a play off game.

We are top 12 at the very best and exceeded our ability earlier in the season.

WTF did we let Bryson go out on loan :angry:

Seems incredible decision when there is no legs in there , no the greatest player but one who would give his all for a club he loves and teams need guys like this 

The worry is not just this season however the legacy GR is creating.  We have got rid of our players who liked playing football on the deck and replaced them with players that have seen their best years and are now in decline.  Probably the best purchase this season in Palmer was for a position that our best player at the club already occupies, in addition our transfer activity has been backwards to say the least.

We have become everything I hate about football, I wonder if Mel when he appointed GR told him his remit was to make us the team we were in that play off final but to get us promoted and he therefore thought he was talking about QPR.  Players in their twilight of their careers, negative football, getting rid of players with flair, and whilst we were winning was just about acceptable, there has unfortunately been to many nights like tonight.  He has somehow managed to suck the enjoyment out of football :-(

PistoldPete2
Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Agree we have to stick with Rowett until next season but I wouldn't like to be in Mels' shoes if that doesn't work out. If we don't get promoted after another season and the style and recruitment continues along similar vein, we will be in such a state with an ageing squad, bereft of a nucleus of skilful players and incapable of making a major about-turn in playing style and system.

Theres no way i would stick with rowett come what may. Neither the results nor the performances have been good enough.

3 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Sack him tonight 

Get Wassall in tomorrow and give him the last 10 games 

No chance we will hang on to a play off spot under Gary Rowett 

Daftest post of the night (and that's saying something).

9 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm firmly in the Rowett out camp. I like him personally, and think he's a solid manager - I even think he has potential to get a team promoted from the Championship soon, but I'd rather not watch such negative boring dross at Derby. 

Can anyone name our best performance under Rowett so far? Have we controlled a game and dominated a team once? Even our 3-0 at home to Milwall they looked the most likely to score for the majority of the game.

I'd much prefer an upper mid table finish with a spirited team of young hungry players than a higher finish continuing to watch this garbage.

At the start of the season i said that even if it was successful i wasn't sure that Derby fans would stick it.

we like our football.

i regard Gary as taking a big gamble.

If you ditch Will and Co, and play this way, you better deliver success........ or its walkies.

but then Mel is all over every decision, pronouncing on this and that, justifying everything. No decision is ever wrong. i don't see how he can possibly maintain the necessary distance and detachment.

Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I dont see a sacking happening now. The simple fact is the squad isnt good enough. The blame for that lies with Rowett for sure, selling hughes for peanuts , letting martin and bryson go on loan but theres nothing anyone can do about that at this stage of the season.  

Have you ever heard of FFP

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If Gary blames the players again or repeats "the reality is" in this interview 

It's odds on that he will use that phrase. Does my nut in when he keeps saying it. Hope he's more inventive with his team talks...... Maybe that's the problem. The players may have switched off from him.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Wassell?

Motivated the team last time and took us to the playoffs.

Wouldn't it be nice if the team were offered the chance to play a different kind of football?

Wouldn't cost Mel any more either,he's already on the pay roll.

Just now, wixman1884 said:

Being the 2014 Derby side served us brilliantly. We were spectacular to watch, but took a sucker punch in a game we dominated and would win 80% of the time. Everything that happened afterwards was the problem, and certainly doesn't mean that we should give up on possession based attacking football. I'd love to see us go back to what made us strong then.

In 2014 we saw the culmination of 5 years of work finally coming together. If we wanted to be as good to watch as we were then, it'll likely take that long again to build a squad capable. PL money is increasing, the desperation to get there is growing. No way will MM give a manager five years to build a side to get us up. GR won't go this season, but if we drop out of the play-offs we'll have to hit the ground running next season.

Success is wanted quicker and quicker as time goes on, that's perhaps a reason why GR plays the way he does. The goal is PL football regardless of how you get there, fans may prefer it done a simple way, but the truth is financially it doesn't make a difference how you play. We've lost the joint second-fewest this season, the draws are what have really killed us. As frustrating as we have been to watch this season, we're probably only two quality additions away with this style. Players who can produce something out of nothing is what we don't have enough of.

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Let's be honest here,lose to forest and Mel's going to pull the trigger,no matter what anyone on here thinks....his new contract/long term plan will not make any difference.

Mel's not going to keep faith in Gary forever and we can't blame him...he's been paid to improve the team and it's not happening.

No he won't.

Archived