Derby fallers

King Kevin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, RebelScum said:

It's a play on words, an 'idiom' if you will - referring to the Epsom Derby in which horses 'fall'... It's quite clever really.

:ph34r:

Thats very good.....a bit too clever for me....mind you i don't follow horse racing................can't keep up with the horses.

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

You stuck it til the 85th minute??  I was gone on 75... 

Yes me too.. I think I missed both Rams goals, and another Reading goal. Didnt miss palmers goal tho.   

59 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Just a thought, but as the team is mostly different to the Wembley Play-Off failure and the owner is also different, the only thing that remains fairly consistent is us - the fans.  Is it possible we actually do play a part in the annual fall-off?  I notice an upturn in the tension as we get to the business end of the season - understandably, as we have become used to the wheels coming off to one degree or another.

Maybe our nervousness impatience actually does transfer to the players?  A sort of self-fulfilling prophesy....Just a thought, not a complaint.  It would be great to just get behind the lads, irrespective of what is going on on the pitch.  I know it's a tall order, but who knows what might happen if we did?     

It’s been a different reason at to why it’s happened each season. 

In 14/15 we had almost the entire spine of the team and it’s cover out injured at one stage, with no holding mids from Norwich onwards (bar George being rushed back and breaking down within five minutes).

In 15/16; the players weren’t good enough for Clement’s system once teams adjusted tactically to nullify us and he wasn’t good enough to think around it.

McClaren tried to change too much too quickly in 16/17. He thought De Sart and Nuge were enough.

2 hours ago, cannable said:

It’s been a different reason at to why it’s happened each season. 

In 14/15 we had almost the entire spine of the team and it’s cover out injured at one stage, with no holding mids from Norwich onwards (bar George being rushed back and breaking down within five minutes).

In 15/16; the players weren’t good enough for Clement’s system once teams adjusted tactically to nullify us and he wasn’t good enough to think around it.

McClaren tried to change too much too quickly in 16/17. He thought De Sart and Nuge were enough.

In each scenario the common theme is that we were not good enough and it probably applies this season as well. No point getting promoted to the PL and end up being an embarrassment. Had enough of that thanks..... 

17 minutes ago, europia said:

In each scenario the common theme is that we were not good enough and it probably applies this season as well. No point getting promoted to the PL and end up being an embarrassment. Had enough of that thanks..... 

We were the best team in the league in 14/15. No squad could cope with two injured strikers, three injured holding midfielders and two injured left-sided centre halves.

Compounded by Dawkins missing half a season through family grievance, Ibe being recalled and Wardy’s hamstrings.

45 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Seeing as the Derby is a flat race and you associate fallers with a steeplechase the pun is actually pretty tenuous if not non existent. 

Wasn't it the Queen Mothers horse that did the splits just before the finishing line.

we just get overtaken by three donkeys and a mule.

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

Buy 20 copies and pin the article up all over the club, especially the dressing room. If that doesn't lift the players out of their fugue then frankly nothing will. 

Is it available on line. I wouldn't want to waste money on buying the sun.

9 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Dunt buy the sun.. they sacked 5000 people over night ... remember Wapping?? If not google it 

Yep don't buy the sun.......it can be a bit hot.......remember at least a couple of wapping things in it on a regular basis that made your eyes Google! Pork Pie anyone?

23 hours ago, cannable said:

We were the best team in the league in 14/15. No squad could cope with two injured strikers, three injured holding midfielders and two injured left-sided centre halves.

Compounded by Dawkins missing half a season through family grievance, Ibe being recalled and Wardy’s hamstrings.

No disputing any of that, but we all know that the league table doesn't lie. 

Archived