Derby fallers

King Kevin

Our new name from an article in the ahem Sun ,quite a big piece on our annual failures pointed at our points return pre and post New Year and our poor transfer dealings in the January windows .

It also mentioned the tense atmosphere on Wednesday [I didn't notice] and the Leeds fans taking the piss over everyone leaving early.

We certainly have got a reputation come on boys make then eat their words.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

You can type, spell and write proper sentences yet you still read the Sun???

Derby fallers? 

I think he meant Derby failures.

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think the roadworks on the A52 may be a small reason some leave early at night.

If they miss owt they can always watch it on video.

3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

If you go back 12 months to the Bristol City game we were far worse than we are now and we should have lost that day 10-3.

It was the most mind boggling performance.

I reckon we’re in a better position this year to turn the results round.

Our wobble has been mostly draws and we've created chances in most of them, you cant say we were well beaten in any of our matches post Christmas.

Just what we need stick it up on the dressing room wall!  Remember John Sadler of the Sun saying he would eat his article if Derby won the league which, to his credit, he did so at the end of the season.  There is a picture somewhere I will try to look

if played properly this could be priceless motivation, bring it on

The club should poll the fans (or maybe for a much smaller and not necessarily representative sample, there could be a poll on here) on why they leave early (other than for one offs like we are 5-0 down with 10 mins to go).  I would imagine that 95% will be to avoid the queuing.  A lot pf people who park in the lower south stand car park will want to get away before they close the barrier and they're made to sit there for 20 mins to allow away fans through, others just don't want to be sat in a queue in any of the directions you are allowed out (the other 5% will have other equally/more valid reasons).  Some fatties like me don't like the extra yards you have to walk away from the car park, just to double back on myself to get where I'm going.  

Traffic management is generally pretty bad.  They only seem to care about the accesses to the car parks, but most of the issues seem to occur away from the ground.  A few coppers doing a bit of good old 'directing traffic' at the roundabouts to provide a bit of control would help matters.  Obviously, 25-30,000 people leaving a place at once is going to create some queuing - but I don't think the aftermatch measures encourage people to hang about if they have a car.  Of course, I'm not saying that this a necessarily a good reason for leaving a match early, but it nevertheless is likely to be a popular one.

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Our new name from an article in the ahem Sun ,quite a big piece on our annual failures pointed at our points return pre and post New Year and our poor transfer dealings in the January windows .

It also mentioned the tense atmosphere on Wednesday [I didn't notice] and the Leeds fans taking the piss over everyone leaving early.

We certainly have got a reputation come on boys make then eat their words.

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

You can type, spell and write proper sentences yet you still read the Sun???

No, exposed him there.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Just what we need stick it up on the dressing room wall!  Remember John Sadler of the Sun saying he would eat his article if Derby won the league which, to his credit, he did so at the end of the season.  There is a picture somewhere I will try to look

if played properly this could be priceless motivation, bring it on

Exactly this.

We haven't done it in the past. We're looking a bit sorry for ourselves at the moment. Puff yer chests out, get on the ball and take some responsibility for this football club and prove them all wrong! 

Archived