Derby fallers

King Kevin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any link to this story? Anyway leeds fans were told their last train was 10.30 or something, probably later than many local transport services. 

I leave on 85 mins on nearly every home match as I have to drop of people at various points around Derbyshire which will take an extra hour and if I am sat in a car park for another hour waiting to get out if I leave on 90 mins and to my memory I have missed only three Derby county goals in the last three seasons - Bryson in a 4-0 win vs hull Martin in a 4-2 defeat to Reading and Palmer in a 2-2 draw vs Leeds - not much persuasion to not leave on 85 mins.

55 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I leave on 85 mins on nearly every home match as I have to drop of people at various points around Derbyshire which will take an extra hour and if I am sat in a car park for another hour waiting to get out if I leave on 90 mins and to my memory I have missed only three Derby county goals in the last three seasons - Bryson in a 4-0 win vs hull Martin in a 4-2 defeat to Reading and Palmer in a 2-2 draw vs Leeds - not much persuasion to not leave on 85 mins.

You stuck it til the 85th minute??  I was gone on 75... 

Just now, ramsbottom said:

You stuck it til the 85th minute??  I was gone on 75... 

My names Boycie, and , I left early at this game too.

There, I’ve said it, I feel better now. 

Maybe we can start a support group?

LEA for short.

Leave Early Anonymous.

Who else wants to get it off their chest?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

LEA for short.

Leave Early Anonymous.

I tend not to make a habit of it, but we were absolutely f-in woeful that day.  Plus it was cold...

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

LEA for short.

Leave Early Anonymous.

The one and only time I left early was under Burley, 2-0 down vs Coventry in the 90th minute. Finished 2-2. :angry:

Not sure what the fascination is with crowd attendance and what time fans leave.  If you look at Leeds average attendance over the past few years it drops to just over 20k and rises and drops depending on how the team is doing, as it does at the majority of other clubs.

Maybe the trend of leaving early has risen based upon a more family oriented spectator, or maybe the fact you can check the score so easily now on social media, who knows but it seems to be people that don’t goto the games seem to be concerned with this and the atmosphere, which doesn’t really have a bearing on our results.

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

I think the roadworks on the A52 may be a small reason some leave early at night.

Bigger reason is the dire access to and from Pride Park.

that tied in with the british persons need to always be in a rush, and not to be stuck in traffic, means a huge percentage leave early.

They dont even leave upon the final whistle in Germany ,let alone before it!

If leaving early at the end of the game is for traffic reasons, what is the reasoning behind leaving 15 minutes before half time as well?

To get a drink or something to eat?

I haven’t bought a drink or food whilst at the match in over 40 years. The reason: overpriced and rubbish quality. 

15 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

If leaving early at the end of the game is for traffic reasons, what is the reasoning behind leaving 15 minutes before half time as well?

To get a drink or something to eat?

I haven’t bought a drink or food whilst at the match in over 40 years. The reason: overpriced and rubbish quality. 

If you haven’t bought anything for fourty years then how do you know ?

Just a thought, but as the team is mostly different to the Wembley Play-Off failure and the owner is also different, the only thing that remains fairly consistent is us - the fans.  Is it possible we actually do play a part in the annual fall-off?  I notice an upturn in the tension as we get to the business end of the season - understandably, as we have become used to the wheels coming off to one degree or another.

Maybe our nervousness impatience actually does transfer to the players?  A sort of self-fulfilling prophesy....Just a thought, not a complaint.  It would be great to just get behind the lads, irrespective of what is going on on the pitch.  I know it's a tall order, but who knows what might happen if we did?     

7 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Just a thought, but as the team is mostly different to the Wembley Play-Off failure and the owner is also different, the only thing that remains fairly consistent is us - the fans.  Is it possible we actually do play a part in the annual fall-off?  I notice an upturn in the tension as we get to the business end of the season - understandably, as we have become used to the wheels coming off to one degree or another.

Maybe our nervousness impatience actually does transfer to the players?  A sort of self-fulfilling prophesy....Just a thought, not a complaint.  It would be great to just get behind the lads, irrespective of what is going on on the pitch.  I know it's a tall order, but who knows what might happen if we did?     

Nice one

Archived