Selling the Crown Jewels ..

Ram8

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Hughes and Ince were in a team last season that were nowhere near the playoffs. Now we’re right in the mix! We’re going to probably score the most goals this season since 14/15 season.

Largely due to the very poor start under Pearson.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/22/2018 at 00:16, Carl Sagan said:

Hughes has mainly been injured this season, but when I've seen him play for Watford they've gone with our 4-2-3-1 system and he's been their best player on the right-hand-side of the forward 3. If he were playing there for us we'd be far better. Sadly, Derby managers always played him too deep when his ability lends itself to being further up the field.

A Rams team would always benefit from Hughes played in the right position. Totally understood why he left (ditto Hendrick, a player Rowett would have used well, imo). Will has been unlucky to get injured at Watford, just broke into the team, scored a couple and was MoM in one of their wins. Quality player, no question. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How long did Mac get before being judged?

Interested in your stats what are they?

Irrelevant. Mel made his move. I thought it was unfair on Mac and I hope Rowett gets longer. 

As for the stats, can’t be bothered to go and research to prove my point as that’s. not important to me. You can go and look into it if you want but I would expect the stats (compared with Mac 2 because Mac 1 is long gone and no longer relevant) to be more goals scored, less conceded, more points, in with a chance of promotion...I can go on!

If Rowett doesn’t get this team up in the next few seasons, then you will probably say Mac is the better manager (first time around) as it was the best football we played. However, I hope and I actually think Rowett will end up the best manager since the bald eagle as he’ll get us up (this season or next) and keep us there.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Irrelevant. Mel made his move. I thought it was unfair on Mac and I hope Rowett gets longer. 

As for the stats, can’t be bothered to go and research to prove my point as that’s. not important to me.

Lol. You quote 'stats' back you up then say you can't be bothered to research them. What fun. :lol:

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. You quote 'stats' back you up then say you can't be bothered to research them. What fun. :lol:

I think it may be due to his record from 31st Dec till his sacking on March12th he only won 3 out 14 league games promotion was gone so that was probably the reason plus fans had enough of tippy tappy backward football 

Don’t be sad KCG, I was only playing Devils Advocate pointing out it’s almost seen a an act of treachery to be critical of Rowett yet being the same of McClaren appears acceptable to the poster I replied to.

Myself, I’m not a fan of Rowett the man, can’t watch his interviews for example but I was quick to acknowledge the turn around in our form and subsequent run of games after the defeat down at Bristol up until the loss at Wednesday.

I was really pleased with our approach to the Leeds game but it left me wondering why we didn’t adopt that kind of up and at ‘em style once we hit second place.

It’s all hypothetical now of course but I can’t help thinking we’d be closer to second as we are now if we had. 

UTR. 

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Right, so it’s ok for fans to have had of enough of McClarens football but it’s not ok to have had enough of Rowett’s. ? 

That depends if you want promotion or not You know as much as everyone that fans were on here all the times complaining of his tippy tappy play it back possession at all costs football That's not hard to do all you have to do is play four midfielders it looks OK but it will never get you out of this division Look at Brentford best footballing side in the division  Do think Cardiff are up there playing possession football  The ones who liked Mac2 football are the ones who are frightened of the Prem 

3 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

That depends if you want promotion or not You know as much as everyone that fans were on here all the times complaining of his tippy tappy play it back possession at all costs football That's not hard to do all you have to do is play four midfielders it looks OK but it will never get you out of this division Look at Brentford best footballing side in the division  Do think Cardiff are up there playing possession football  The ones who liked Mac2 football are the ones who are frightened of the Prem 

How can you say it will never get you out this division when we were agonisingly close to doing so in his first season? 

There's absolutely no basis that we are more likely to go up now than we were then.

7 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

How can you say it will never get you out this division when we were agonisingly close to doing so in his first season? 

There's absolutely no basis that we are more likely to go up now than we were then.

We didn’t go up ,, forget the last minute goal we conceded, we played against ten men and couldn’t score and win it ,, it really is that simple when you look at it properly , this is not a pop at Mac and not a pro rowett post as I don’t think we are good enough all round to go up this season under rowett and for me I can see signs that rowett is in a position that he hasn’t experienced before in terms of pressure and expectations and is making a few mistakes and is perhaps a little out of his comfort zone and rattled, now that’s not to say that he can’t get his head round it and we can’t get promoted this season or that if we miss out rowett gets better for the experience and takes us up next season , he has done pretty well so far , we’ll enough to be given time to build his team/ squad and build his own experience 

34 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

I think it's to do with rowetts tactics he has to be the worst manage for making subs he' very poor at his sub making he leaves it too late and the wrong subs at times 

Would say he’s made some good ones as well..... every manager can be hit or miss with subs.

I just want to remind people that Russell , Ince , Martin ,Hughes and McClaren have left the building , Gary and his team are the future , lets get behind them for the last twelve games and see if we can turn this round , show the present manager and players the love and support those players and manager mentioned received and who knows maybe we will be playing Premier League football next season

30 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Would say he’s made some good ones as well..... every manager can be hit or miss with subs.

Subs are very easy targets to beat managers with as the are always judged on hindsight and impossible to prove what could / would have happened had they been made ,not made ,made earlier ,made later,different players on and off ,,, i always have an opinion and am always interested in others opinions but I always temper it with the fact rowett / Mac or any other manager makes them with far more insight into the players having trained and been around them all the time ,,,, too many think their opinion on subs is clear fact and state it as such

5 hours ago, archied said:

We didn’t go up ,, forget the last minute goal we conceded, we played against ten men and couldn’t score and win it ,, it really is that simple when you look at it properly , this is not a pop at Mac and not a pro rowett post as I don’t think we are good enough all round to go up this season under rowett and for me I can see signs that rowett is in a position that he hasn’t experienced before in terms of pressure and expectations and is making a few mistakes and is perhaps a little out of his comfort zone and rattled, now that’s not to say that he can’t get his head round it and we can’t get promoted this season or that if we miss out rowett gets better for the experience and takes us up next season , he has done pretty well so far , we’ll enough to be given time to build his team/ squad and build his own experience 

I know we didn't go up, that's why I said we were very close to doing.

I just find it daft to suggest we'd never have gone up playing that way when it got us to a play off final, ONE game away from doing so. 

One defensive lapse cost us, it had nothing to do with the style we played.

15 hours ago, Mistaram said:

I think it may be due to his record from 31st Dec till his sacking on March12th he only won 3 out 14 league games promotion was gone so that was probably the reason plus fans had enough of tippy tappy backward football 

We didn’t do this during Mac 2? It was pretty much backs-to-the-walls and let Ince grab one.

Archived