where are they now - Rob Hulse

California Ram.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember sitting in the East Stand with my Son on a bloody freezing day. At half-time I my Son wanted a hot chocolate and he used it as a hand and lap warmer! It had been snowing and we had driven up from our home in Dorset (roads were empty mind!).

We got thumped by Scunthorpe (first away win for 10 games). I have vivid memories of us looking like we might get back into it second half! I know - sad isn't it? Anyway when the game was still 'close' Commons (I think) crossed the ball in and 'The Incrfedible Hulse' jumped well and was going to get a header in from around the penalty spot but was pushed in the back and ended up in front of the ball. Penalty all day long in my objective opinion!

The ball went down the other end and they scored with in a minute or so. 360 mile round trip, night in a hotel. Bit expensive BUT he's a die-hard Rams Fan now! :thumbsup:

It's a cliche but, "good solid pro".

Commons is often given the plaudits of carrying that god-awful side, but Hulse was more consistent and his goals were pretty vital in keeping us up. Plus a winner against the Red Dogs when they were unbeaten away until March or so when we played them is a good thing to have on your CV.

Often got some unfair criticism from fans for not running around like an idiot - not dissimilar to what Martin got from certain quarters.

Archived