Youngsters at matches

FindernRam

I said in another thread I thought the average age at matches was going up, i.e. Fewer youngsters at games. 

I sit in West upper which I know some view as oldie central, but looking around me within ten rows up and down and 5 seats either side that is 230 seats I can only think of maybe 6 or seven teenies or younger. Outside, prematch, there seems to be relatively few kids except for the freebies in North for some games.

Whats it like where you sit/stand 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I said in another thread I thought the average age at matches was going up, i.e. Fewer youngsters at games. 

I sit in West upper which I know some view as oldie central, but looking around me within ten rows up and down and 5 seats either side that is 230 seats I can only think of maybe 6 or seven teenies or younger. Outside, prematch, there seems to be relatively few kids except for the freebies in North for some games.

My boys go with me, now nearly 8 and 11. Been going to games dive they were 4. In south stand. 

1 minute ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

So that’s why our crowds aren’t wot they used to be the kids are missing joking apart something is wrong in the top three and we only get 25 thou plus away fans 

is it the prices or just the floating fans can’t be bothered 

Combination of the two i would think.

To be fair even in the SM play off season attendances didnt really pick up that much.

7 minutes ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

So that’s why our crowds aren’t wot they used to be the kids are missing joking apart something is wrong in the top three and we only get 25 thou plus away fans 

is it the prices or just the floating fans can’t be bothered 

Do you know what the figure was on Sat? And was the away section full? 

Loads near me in North Stand. As you say, quite a few taking little or no notice of the game and glued to ipads/phones.   They are up and down the aisle to the loos all the time too. 

Think they've all the makings of the next generation of supporters! 

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

Don’t you know that children are our future?

4 hours ago, sage said:

Teach them well and let them lead the way

2 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Show them all the beauty they possess in side 

Yet when you learn to love yourself, you get a lifetime ban!

Probably should have waited till half time, mind.

37 minutes ago, angieram said:

Loads near me in North Stand. As you say, quite a few taking little or no notice of the game and glued to ipads/phones.   They are up and down the aisle to the loos all the time too. 

Think they've all the makings of the next generation of supporters! 

2AD1D578-50A8-41D4-8731-8E5E20976B1A.thumb.jpeg.700e89386cee300bad76b3c7425ad931.jpeg

5 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Sounds like i sit next to you!

Archived