Youngsters at matches

FindernRam

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Middle middle of the East Stand & there's a girl who must be about 5 that sits directly behind me. She's the only under 16 ish I can think of that I've ever noticed close by, though.

A bit to the left of you and down a bit I reckon. But same here. Need some youngsters. Struck me on Saturday .. A lot of old faces which is great but we need bright young things with their enthusiasm. Hats off to the club though. I can't see what else they can do because it's a friendly place 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m a guilty one who takes their kid with them. Mines 5 and he is getting better, he will now sit for the full first half, ask questions and cheers when we score. 2nd half he tends to play with his toys. I am very wary about him being up and down to the loo or seat kicking. So try to eliminate those. To be fair to him he is better than I expected him to be. He never complains about wanting to leave and causes no bother. We all have to start somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

I must admit I’ve moved from the North East to get away from them. Having my seat kicked for ninety minutes and being stared at and sprayed with ribena was becoming a distraction. 

Had the seat kicking problem the other year too, incredibly annoying. Got to the point I'd move to the row in front and sit on me tod.

36 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I’ve gone for splendid isolation now, back row, top of the stairs. 

I had to leave SW corner a couple seasons ago. I too was backrow and the guy next to me would mainline 12 doughnuts in about 5 minutes, which while impressive his burps all throughout the game were not!

12 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I had to leave SW corner a couple seasons ago. I too was backrow and the guy next to me would mainline 12 doughnuts in about 5 minutes, which while impressive his burps all throughout the game were not!

Oh god, I’m in the SW now. It’s been reassuringly burp free so far. Hopefully the weight of crystallised sugar carries them down rather than up. 

Archived