Derby County v Brentford F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Lawrence would have been the player I'd have dropped for him. Been pretty apathetic lately.

Well he's not really had a great deal of competition. That's not an excuse for him to drop his standards, but mentally he's known he's pretty much starting regardless of how he plays, especially with neither Russell or Weimann putting in brilliant performances either. If Lawrence continues in the same way, I expect Palmer will be in shortly. With Anya back in the picture now too, we already have two "new" wingers who will be pushing for that starting spot. I'm hoping that will result in both Lawrence and Weimann upping their game too.

9 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Like the team today. Not sure why Palmer isn't in the side though. Not a lot of point in bringing him in to warm the bench, should have got someone else in if that's his place.

Under Mclaren new signings used to automatically get into the first team. I think it sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad who have been competing for a place in the team if somebody joins and automatically gets to start. His opportunity will come when someone else is dropped for and judging from our wingers recent performances he wont have to wait long for it.

TobyWanKenobi
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Took ages for thorne to start when we signed him.

True, and I think given his proven quality we would have got more value out of him if we used him earlier.

This Palmer fella comes with a good reputation. Let's not waste that ability warming a bench when we need results.

Just now, TobyWanKenobi said:

True, and I think given his proven quality we would have got more value out of him if we used him earlier.

This Palmer fella comes with a good reputation. Let's not waste that ability warming a bench when we need results.

Eustace had the shirt and played well enough to keep it. 

Palmer will get his chance soon enough.

TobyWanKenobi
1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Eustace had the shirt and played well enough to keep it. 

Palmer will get his chance soon enough.

Hope so! Let's hope its not too late to achieve anything by that point!

Archived