Transfer Deadline Day

Barney1991

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You do realise we are currently second place? How on earth can it be "beyond us" when we're already in that position?!

I do and don't get me wrong id love us to go up automatically but I don't see us scoring enough goals to go up .The defence is strong but contributes no goals...the midfield is not bad but contributes no goals.. the forward line is ok but unless vydra scores well you get the gist of my thinking

Just now, curtains said:

Shackell wasn’t IMO.  

Just out of favour 

But he’s too good to be happy about sitting on the bench forever. Maybe if we had a couple of injuries, we’d rue the loss of shackell, but there’s no way we could keep him ‘shackelled’ to the bench and keep him happy. 

Thats always the problem, you need back up, if a reasonable quality, and you need to be able to keep them happy. There’s no way you’d break up our defence at the moment just to do a bit of rotation and keep shackell happy. 

Remember when we had a really hard time finding an understudy for Martin? No one of any decent quality was going to be happy sitting on the bench, knowing Martin was always going to be the first band on the team sheet. 

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Jerome came in? 

Bent also out. And russell too. Plus we are short in midfield having let Bryson hughes and butterfield go last window. No youngsters as back up either ... We need to strengthen the squad and only 2 hours left.

1 minute ago, superzak said:

I do and don't get me wrong id love us to go up automatically but I don't see us scoring enough goals to go up .The defence is strong but contributes no goals...the midfield is not bad but contributes no goals.. the forward line is ok but unless vydra scores well you get the gist of my thinking

We have scored the 3rd most goals in the division. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

But he’s too good to be happy about sitting on the bench forever. Maybe if we had a couple of injuries, we’d rue the loss of shackell, but there’s no way we could keep him ‘shackelled’ to the bench and keep him happy. 

Thats always the problem, you need back up, if a reasonable quality, and you need to be able to keep them happy. There’s no way you’d break up our defence at the moment just to do a bit of rotation and keep shackell happy. 

Remember when we had a really hard time finding an understudy for Martin? No one of any decent quality was going to be happy sitting on the bench, knowing Martin was always going to be the first band on the team sheet. 

Would of kept Shackell  as a back up for the playoffs 

15 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You do realise we are currently second place? How on earth can it be "beyond us" when we're already in that position?!

It’s certainly not beyond us but it’s increasingly unlikely. That’s not just my view but I’ve just checked on the bookies websites. Checked with 4. All have Wolves favourites obviously and all have Villa 2 nd favourites with us a close 3 rd. I thought before these last few days we might just have enough for 2 nd as long as the key players didn’t suffer injuries or form loss. Wasn’t looking for any perms but a couple of good loans could see us over the line. Since losing Martin and Russell and no incomings ( as I type) we will need to be incredibly fortunate with injuries to keep 2 nd. Our best 11, all on form are a match for anyone. We do however have 3 or 4 currently not in top form and without the manpower to replace at least 2 of them 

Poor window at the moment in my opinion. Understandable not getting replacements for players who were on the fringe to trim the squad i.e. Shackell , Martin and bent. But to not have a replacement for Russell is the worry. I also must state that if Anya wasn't good enough for GR before why all of a sudden is he now? 

How we have not fought to get Lookman from Everton I don't know. I also must question what our European recruitment team are doing if we have one. GR loves a bargain and that is where you can get value for money. 

Still time left for a surprise ? 

Just now, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

If we can't get a replacemet for Russel then tell him he stays untill end of season end of. 

You tell him.

Archived