The FA adopt the Rooney Rule for all future appointments

R@M

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

Nice try. 

No, I said it’s traditionally SEEN as a male job, as were plenty of others until women started doing them. 

Are you applying your views on innate biological differences to race as well?

You do know that’s not called liberalism...?

I'm glad women can't do my job. I have a degree, but get paid more than nurses and teachers for something that requires no qualifications.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Why? They’re 2 different jobs.

You were insinuating that men are demeaned by picking up rubbish and that this somehow rules out the possibility of any kind of patriarchal male privilege. 

A simple counter; consider the job of ckeaning, equally demeaning by the same logic, but mostly performed by women who are paid even less. 

But you know all this and are simply shitstirring, which is taking us off topic. 

Back on topic.

Chris Hoghton has had his say.

He thinks it's a good idea but doesn't think it should stop at just coaching staff. He wants management, decision makers and CEOs next.

Not sure why he stops there, maybe when selling clubs in future the sale should be offered to at least one BAME?

9 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

You were insinuating that men are demeaned by picking up rubbish and that this somehow rules out the possibility of any kind of patriarchal male privilege. 

No I was insinuating that men often choose to do jobs that women often choose not to do, and you could include being a refuse collector as well as being a CEO of a large company in that.  But you’d rather focus on one as it suits you.

26 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

A simple counter; consider the job of ckeaning, equally demeaning by the same logic, but mostly performed by women who are paid even less. 

Yes some industries pay more than others. And the one that most people work part-time, indoors for private companies rather than full time, outdoors in winter for councils with the possibility of requiring an LGV licence pays less. Imagine my shock.

28 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

But you know all this and are simply shitstirring, which is taking us off topic. 

You’re the one prattling on about privilege and there not being as many women in top jobs. Don’t get uppity with me just because there’s someone to counter you while you try to convert the normies.

5 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

"Women don't get the top jobs".

Who is the PM?

Who is the UK's head of State?

It just trickles down to the level of "more women should be on bank notes", despite there being a 91 year old lady on every single one of them.

My mum has smoked for 75 years and never had cancer, so smoking can't cause cancer.

Why are people hung up on individual stories? You're talking outliers, not the norm.

But the logic of

Immigration > poor suburbs > higher crime rate > higher convinctions 

Is my argument against it.

There will always be higher crime in poor areas. And the minorities aren't in these areas due to racism. I say it's more down to older generations coming here without the wealth

The Guardian article points out how much more money white people earn. I'd say that's more down to the huge population of whites having roots in this country going back so far. We've had far more opportunity and many many white families have benefited from previous generations. 

And obviously being black in the UK decades ago was very hard to create that opportunity 

And the position the minorities are in today owes to both historic racism and immigration among other stuff. But I don't believe football or society is racist today. Well, not against blacks. I think being Asian may make some things difficult for some. 

It's 2018 and I just don't see racial barriers. I see wealth barriers. 

You know these stats? Are Asians classed as black? In the crime stats? 

Because mixing the two up is dodgy as fook too. 

56 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

"Women don't get the top jobs".

Who is the PM?

Who is the UK's head of State?

It just trickles down to the level of "more women should be on bank notes", despite there being a 91 year old lizard on every single one of them.

FTFY

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

But the logic of

Immigration > poor suburbs > higher crime rate > higher convinctions 

Is my argument against it.

There will always be higher crime in poor areas. And the minorities aren't in these areas due to racism. I say it's more down to older generations coming here without the wealth

The Guardian article points out how much more money white people earn. I'd say that's more down to the huge population of whites having roots in this country going back so far. We've had far more opportunity and many many white families have benefited from previous generations. 

And obviously being black in the UK decades ago was very hard to create that opportunity 

And the position the minorities are in today owes to both historic racism and immigration among other stuff. But I don't believe football or society is racist today. Well, not against blacks. I think being Asian may make some things difficult for some. 

It's 2018 and I just don't see racial barriers. I see wealth barriers. 

You know these stats? Are Asians classed as black? In the crime stats? 

Because mixing the two up is dodgy as fook too. 

Good point....the funny thing is that the recent Sports Council report into representation of Black, Asian, and Mixed Ethnicity coaches in the sport did just that whenever it suited their agenda. They kept referring to the overall BAME uk population of 13.5%. It is widely known to be a cultural issue as to why there are so few professional Asian sportsmen. They didn’t once mention the 3% Black uk population. 

32 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Well, you worked out my argument was bullplop pretty much straight away, so I hope you see yours was pretty much the same.

In what way was my argument bullplop.

You honestly think that black people make up 3% of the population but 12% of prisoners shows nothing? 

Oh yes I forgot...it was miscarriages of justice skewing the figures  ?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In what way was my argument bullplop.

You honestly think that black people make up 3% of the population but 12% of prisoners shows nothing? 

Oh yes I forgot...it was miscarriages of justice skewing the figures  ?

I read once a juror said the accused must have done it because the police said he had, and they wouldn't make up something like that.

Was it you?

Just now, GboroRam said:

I read once a juror said the accused must have done it because the police said he had, and they wouldn't make up something like that.

Was it you?

Isn't that why they have 12 jurors?

I often see people in the aftermath of a person committing a violent crime, and ended up in prison or killed by the police, 'he's such a nice person we can't believe he can have done this'...is that you?

22 pages, I haven’t got time to read all of them, but my opinion....anyone who thinks that this is a bad thing is just crazy... even if it all it does is highlight racism to three people in the country and makes them reevaluate themselves every time a manager gets sacked then it has to be a good thing, no?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

22 pages, I haven’t got time to read all of them, but my opinion....anyone who thinks that this is a bad thing is just crazy... even if it all it does is highlight racism to three people in the country and makes them reevaluate themselves every time a manager gets sacked then it has to be a good thing, no?

No.

9 hours ago, Norman said:

I'm glad women can't do my job. I have a degree, but get paid more than nurses and teachers for something that requires no qualifications.

Male lavatory attendant pays that well?

And it's not true that you don't need qualifications. I've heard that if you do well, in 5 years they give you a brush.

Archived