The FA adopt the Rooney Rule for all future appointments

R@M

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

...and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations? What is it that disproportionately keeps them there?

That's still early generations and lack of opportunity in their lives.

My family has not left it's social class in more than 4 generations. 

How many have? 

There's rags to riches stories everywhere. Anthony Joshua is probably the biggest star in the UK outside of football. The opportunity wasn't there for him. He was a criminal. Now he and future generations are going to be leaving Watford behind. Because he fought his way out. Literally. 

That should be inspiring to any white, black, Asian kid in poor, limited opportunity areas. To secure you and future generations.

If Joshua had chosen to continue being a criminal then he'd be a statistic by now

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

If black people are more likely to be targeted by the police then logic would say they’re more likely to be represented in the crime statistics. 

I can’t believe I’m actually having this conversation in 2018. The Macpherson Report was in 1999. Look it up, and stop talking out of your arse. 

What?! So crime statistics are not a true representation because more black people are being caught?! ?

Ah right so that report from 1999 is still applicable today?

Just like white people have privilege because black people used to be slaves.

I can believe we are having this conversation in 2018, the sad thing is that while people continue to use history to fight their argument we will probably still be having the same conversation in 3018.

36 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Either more black people are criminals or the police are institutionally racist. It's one or the other. And there's plenty of data to suggest there is inherent institutional racism within policing.

Why use data that is open to interpretation, surely a much better indicator would be numbers of people in prison?

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That's still early generations and lack of opportunity in their lives.

My family has not left it's social class in more than 4 generations. 

How many have? 

There's rags to riches stories everywhere. Anthony Joshua is probably the biggest star in the UK outside of football. The opportunity wasn't there for him. He was a criminal. Now he and future generations are going to be leaving Watford behind. Because he fought his way out. Literally. 

That should be inspiring to any white, black, Asian kid in poor, limited opportunity areas. To secure you and future generations.

If Joshua had chosen to continue being a criminal then he'd be a statistic by now

I’m not sure she’ll see sport as a valid pursuit.

From the video she posted - 

“Take two steps forward if it wasn’t because of your athletic ability you don’t have had to pay for college”

Whatever that means.

43 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

And you were talking about both.

It’s about class and racism then? Is that why working class whites are doing worse in school?

And girls do consistently better than boys. 

Is that because boys are thick?

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why use data that is open to interpretation, surely a much better indicator would be numbers of people in prison?

Hypothesis: There’s no institutional racism in the police and more black people are in prison because they deserve to be.

Proof: There are more black people in prison. 

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Hypothesis: There’s no institutional racism in the police and more black people are in prison because they deserve to be.

Proof: There are more black people in prison. 

So are you suggesting people are being put in prison because they are black rather than for committing crimes?

Or are you suggesting white people are getting away with crimes because they are not black?

Really confused where you are going with this point.

9 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

And girls do consistently better than boys. 

Is that because boys are thick?

And this continues almost up to their 20’s according to current earnings stats. It’s the consequence of social engineering I’d imagine. 

I look forward to your posts about female privilege.

4 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

And this continues almost up to their 20’s according to current earnings stats. It’s the consequence of social engineering I’d imagine. 

I look forward to your posts about female privilege.

Interesting you raise this point, just looking at stats for spending.

Despite the split of males/females being approx 50% in the UK, nearly 75% of speeding penalties are issued to men.

Talk about institutional sexism. 

1 minute ago, StringerBell said:

And as refuse collectors. 

There’s your bell curve right there.

Don’t you think refuse collecting is seen as a man’s job because it’s fairly physical?  It’s a decent job, anyway. 

And put your bell curve away!

44 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Don’t you think refuse collecting is seen as a man’s job because it’s fairly physical?  It’s a decent job, anyway. 

And put your bell curve away!

So you’re saying men and women have inherent biological differences that might result in them being more/less likely to opt to do different things in a free society?

Well I’m glad you’ve finally seen the light.  

30 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

So you’re saying men and women have inherent biological differences that might result in them being more/less likely to opt to do different things in a free society?

Nice try. 

No, I said it’s traditionally SEEN as a male job, as were plenty of others until women started doing them. 

Are you applying your views on innate biological differences to race as well?

You do know that’s not called liberalism...?

24 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Nice try. 

No, I said it’s traditionally SEEN as a male job, as were plenty of others until women started doing them. 

Ah I see. It’s because of the patriarchy that those men pick your rubbish up.

25 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Are you applying your views on innate biological differences to race as well?

No not generally. We’re not a racially dimorphous species in the same way we are sexually. 

25 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

You do know that’s not called liberalism...?

Nice try.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can we also conclude that there are no miscarriages of justice, as surely people convicted of crimes must be guilty (otherwise they wouldn't have been convicted of a crime)?

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

Ooh the collectivist identarian police will have you for that one  :)

Some women are built bigger than some men, we're all different - why cant you treat us as individuuuuuuals?

19 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Can we also conclude that there are no miscarriages of justice, as surely people convicted of crimes must be guilty (otherwise they wouldn't have been convicted of a crime)?

So you think miscarriages of justice massively distort the stats? 

Would miscarriages of justice apply more to black people than white people?

Archived