Adam Clayton

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I believe Fulham turned down a £18-20m bid for Cairney in the summer.

Good, good player but most definitely not in our ball park.

I actually think Clayton would be an excellent signing. The first name I’ve seen that I’ve wanted to be honest. He’s (was, at least) a better version of Hendrick. He’ll be someone that can pick the ball up from those centre two positions and drive through the lines. Huddlestone and Ledley don’t offer that - Keogh has been doing it for the most part. 

I don't have any objections to signing Clayton. The fact that Thorne was incapable of playing on Saturday and Monday could be a problem. Let's face it the next 20 games are likely to be difficult given there are possibly 6-7 sides who think they have a chance of second spot and possibly 8-10 who have a chance of a play off spot. In addition the relegation fodder is showing signs of life so there won't be any easy games. It is a shame that Rowett's hands are tied by the rash decisions of previous managers as we are still carrying dead wood.

Clayton rung Andre wisdom for directions to come and sign for us but apparently on wisdoms sat nav the streets have no names so he s going to Leeds 

33 minutes ago, archied said:

Clayton rung Andre wisdom for directions to come and sign for us but apparently on wisdoms sat nav the streets have no names so he s going to Leeds 

Update - he still hasn't found what he's looking for and had lost the desire to join Leeds.

Back on the footballing front, he could be a good addition. 

I still think we need a more consistent wide option than the mercurial Lawrence, Russell and Weimann, none of whom you would bet on in a 1v1 situation. 

56 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

If Clayton makes the difference between play offs and automatic promotion we can look forward to a May where the sheets have no stains.

Only if the play off final is on a Bloody Sunday 

Archived