Adam Clayton

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Seeing as it feels like he’s been around forever, I’m a bit embarrassed to say I know almost nothing about him as a player.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

A quality central midfielder with bags of energy but also decent technically. I think he'd be a great addition for us bearing in mind what we lack in midfield currently. Not going to score that many but could be integral to dominating midfield & possession more.

Didn't look out of place in the Premiership with Boro last year either.

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Seeing as it feels like he’s been around forever, I’m a bit embarrassed to say I know almost nothing about him as a player.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Midfielder with a healthy beard, not one that would worry Ledley although it's one that a hipster would be proud of. Owner of dogs and wears Nike boots, more likely to get a booking that a goal. Regular in the Boro team for the previous 3 seasons, hasn't played much this season and will turn 29 this month. 

Not the quickest but not the slowest, can pick a pass but he's no Huddlestone or Johnson, signed a new 4 year deal in the summer so wouldn't expect him to be a cheap signing. 

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

A quality central midfielder with bags of energy but also decent technically. I think he'd be a great addition for us bearing in mind what we lack in midfield currently. Not going to score that many but could be integral to dominating midfield & possession more.

Didn't look out of place in the Premiership with Boro last year either.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Midfielder with a healthy beard, not one that would worry Ledley although it's one that a hipster would be proud of. Owner of dogs and wears Nike boots, more likely to get a booking that a goal. Regular in the Boro team for the previous 3 seasons, hasn't played much this season and will turn 29 this month. 

Not the quickest but not the slowest, can pick a pass but he's no Huddlestone or Johnson, signed a new 4 year deal in the summer so wouldn't expect him to be a cheap signing. 

I wonder where this would leave Thorne ☹️

Always rated Clayton, more hard working and has more legs than our current midfield, likes a tackle. More similar to Ledley than Huddlestone and Thorne.

Would be a good signing but I'm more than happy with Hudds, Ledley and Thorne.. if jelly legs can stay fit/signs a new contract 

10 minutes ago, David said:

Midfielder with a healthy beard, not one that would worry Ledley although it's one that a hipster would be proud of. Owner of dogs and wears Nike boots, more likely to get a booking that a goal. Regular in the Boro team for the previous 3 seasons, hasn't played much this season and will turn 29 this month

Bang on for Derby age wise.

Another holding midfielder is that what we need Yes he's good at what he does but always looks like a red card waiting to happen to me every time I see him  Probably a load of bullocks anyway he was going back to Leeds in the Sunday papers 

Archived