Adam Clayton

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Nah

Were you at the game yesterday? Beyond woeful. I said at half time if we were going to to concede it was going to be a cross from his side... His defensive positioning is arguably the worst its ever been, his end product is non-existent and he doesn't overlap anywhere near as often or effectively as he used to. Not entirely sure what he's offering the team currently. I hope he can rediscover his pre-injury form but it's not looking hopeful...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'd start Clayton over Huddlestone, personally. Having 4 players for 2 positions isn't too many. It's what we did in 13/14 with wingers, we had Bamford, Dawkins, Russell, Ward and they interchanged nicely, and it made them all raise their game. I rate Clayton, from what I've seen he is a good player and I think he would improve us.

Wouldn’t Ledley and Clayton be a bit too negative though? I personally think Huddlestone his starting to play his best football for us. Yes we had 4 wingers but they all got regular game time. Wingers come in and out of form regularly, so when ones form dipped we had another to bring in. Normally you don’t chop and change your centre mid pairing every other week, it’s one of the most important partnerships on the pitch, you find one that works and you stick with it.

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Were you at the game yesterday? Beyond woeful. I said at half time if we were going to to concede it was going to be a cross from his side... His defensive positioning is arguably the worst its ever been, his end product is non-existent and he doesn't overlap anywhere near as often or effectively as he used to. Not entirely sure what he's offering the team currently. I hope he can rediscover his pre-injury form but it's not looking hopeful...

He was poor but I'd much prefer to see our players receive support from fans when they're struggling for form and consistency after 2 horrendous injuries. If he can retain the form he showed before his injuries then he's far better than Fabio which was the point I was making. I'd rather put Olssen back into the side as a temporary replacement.

The goal did come from a cross on our left side but it was Johnsons' failure to make anything like a decent challenge rather than any blame on Forsyth. He's part of a defence which has conceded just one goal from open play in the last 10 games - why do some fans always want to find a scapegoat, even when we're on a very good run.

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Wouldn’t Ledley and Clayton be a bit too negative though? I personally think Huddlestone his starting to play his best football for us. Yes we had 4 wingers but they all got regular game time. Wingers come in and out of form regularly, so when ones form dipped we had another to bring in. Normally you don’t chop and change your centre mid pairing every other week, it’s one of the most important partnerships on the pitch, you find one that works and you stick with it.

When you've only got 2 in midfield, ''negative'' is sort of what you want... Johnson I would describe as pretty positive and we saw how him and Huddlestone got easily over-run yesterday.

Thorne, Ledley, Clayton and Huddlestone gives us more options than we currently possess and would add real depth and quality to our squad

4 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

But what if Ledley gets injured? What will we do if we have to play Thorne every game for months on end? Can we really afford to do that? And I think it's safe to say Huddlestone and Johnson pairing doesn't work. So if Ledley is out, what can we do to fill the gap? I think it's far too big of a risk, and we've paid the price for it in previous season, aka injuries to Bent and Martin, injuries to Eustace and Thorne etc. We need to prepare for the worst, so if it happens we'll be covered.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

He was poor but I'd much prefer to see our players receive support from fans when they're struggling for form and consistency after 2 horrendous injuries. If he can retain the form he showed before his injuries then he's far better than Fabio which was the point I was making. I'd rather put Olssen back into the side as a temporary replacement.

The goal did come from a cross on our left side but it was Johnsons' failure to make anything like a decent challenge rather than any blame on Forsyth. He's part of a defence which has conceded just one goal from open play in the last 10 games - why do some fans always want to find a scapegoat, even when we're on a very good run.

I agree Johnson was arguably more to blame but I genuinely can't remember Forsyth stopping a cross coming in from his side yesterday which used to be one of his best qualities. He looks a shadow of the LB I once quoted as being one of the best fullbacks in the league. Olsson is decent enough but not top 2 quality and I'd argue maybe Forsyth isn't, certainly not PL quality so a LB would be a priority for me in this window?

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

I agree Johnson was arguably more to blame but I genuinely can't remember Forsyth stopping a cross coming in from his side yesterday which used to be one of his best qualities. He looks a shadow of the LB I once quoted as being one of the best fullbacks in the league. Olsson is decent enough but not top 2 quality and I'd argue maybe Forsyth isn't, certainly not PL quality so a LB would be a priority for me in this window?

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree on Forsyth. I believe we need an attacking, energetic midfielder above all else (Grealish would be brilliant but we've absolutely no chance with that one) and play him at the expense of one of our 'wingers - they're not really wingers more like strikers playing wide.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree on Forsyth. I believe we need an attacking, energetic midfielder above all else (Grealish would be brilliant but we've absolutely no chance with that one) and play him at the expense of one of our 'wingers - they're not really wingers more like strikers playing wide.

Off topic - but someone like Alex Pritchard? 

23 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Get off his back for F** ****.

You preferred him when we were conceding goals for fun and he was bombing down the line leaving us exposed.

He's got a new job which is to defend and with the second best defence in the league, he's not doing a bad job!!

29 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

We didn't concede a goal in 16 hours of football in open play and you've got the cheek to say we need a new left back in January! 16 FECKING HOURS.... THE CHEEK!

You my friend need to really consider how you are treating our players.

49 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'd start Clayton over Huddlestone, personally. Having 4 players for 2 positions isn't too many. It's what we did in 13/14 with wingers, we had Bamford, Dawkins, Russell, Ward and they interchanged nicely, and it made them all raise their game. I rate Clayton, from what I've seen he is a good player and I think he would improve us.

Your right Clayton is a good player but he ain't no passer he's a destroyer We would still need Hudds but I don't think we need get any hopes up He's definitely a Pulis type player he signed a new contract in August  Now if we could get Forshaw of them then I would start believing 

1 minute ago, Mistaram said:

Your right Clayton is a good player but he ain't no passer he's a destroyer We would still need Hudds but I don't think we need get any hopes up He's definitely a Pulis type player he signed a new contract in August  Now if we could get Forshaw of them then I would start believing 

Pulis type player, but Pulis doesn't even put him on the bench? :huh: I don't think it's a true statement. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

Were you sat behind me yesterday??That’s just about word for word what I said-plagiarism ! ?

1 hour ago, JoeDerby said:

Get off his back for F** ****.

You preferred him when we were conceding goals for fun and he was bombing down the line leaving us exposed.

He's got a new job which is to defend and with the second best defence in the league, he's not doing a bad job!!

You Craig's dad or something? :lol:

He's lost the attacking element that made him so effective as a fullback but simultaneously seems a yard off the pace defensively. He used to be as good as Wisdom for snuffing out any crosses or threat from the wings but hasn't demonstrated that recently. I obviously would love to see him return to form but I'd prefer to see us not base our promotion chances on the possibility of that happening if we can help it.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

You Craig's dad or something? :lol:

He's lost the attacking element that made him so effective as a fullback but simultaneously seems a yard off the pace defensively. He used to be as good as Wisdom for snuffing out any crosses or threat from the wings but hasn't demonstrated that recently. I obviously would love to see him return to form but I'd prefer to see us not base our promotion chances on the possibility of that happening if we can help it.

As he lost his attacking element or is gary asking him not to attack as much?? 

I personally think it’s ludicrous to dismantle our back 4 when they’re defending so well. 

With wisdom and Baird battling out for right back, fozzy and Ollson battling it out for left back, I think we are more than well equipped. 

Archived