Championship promotion “rivals” watch

Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, needles said:

A week on Tuesday, we go to Millwall and they go to Sheffield Utd.

Not inconceivable that we'll be 6 point +GD clear of them on Wednesday morning, with 17 games to play.

Of course we could be all level at that point, instead, but the point is don't worry about anyone else. Everything now is about beating Millwall. Then the next one.

Except for the fact that when Millwall played at PP we were really lucky to beat them in my view. For large parts of the game they outplayed us. I think we will do well to get a draw......

Agreed it’s a big weekend though. Villa need to lose no matter what we do.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Except for the fact that when Millwall played at PP we were really lucky to beat them in my view. For large parts of the game they outplayed us. I think we will do well to get a draw......

A lucky 3-0? OK - if you reckon.

My point isn't that I think we're going to beat Millwall. My point is that's our focus. No need whatsoever to worry about Aston Villa.

We try to win our games, and whatever happens, happens.

1 hour ago, caymanram said:

8 minutes ago, needles said:

My point isn't that I think we're going to beat Millwall. My point is that's our focus. No need whatsoever to worry about Aston Villa.

Its not quite up there with those who said we were lucky not to get hammered by hull at home

But its not far off.

On 1/20/2018 at 18:31, needles said:

Go review the full game . Millwall played well for large parts of the game and could quite easily have scored a couple of goals.

Faith is great and to be applauded.....the blind variety not so much.

On 20/01/2018 at 22:35, caymanram said:

Sorry, but no, we weren't. I think they had one sighter before we scored three in quick succession, after that we were comfortable enough and to an extent took our foot off the gas.

Milwall were alright enough, not a nothing team, just an average one. 

As someone who lives away and only gets to few games I remember the ones i do get to.

5 hours ago, caymanram said:

Go review the full game . Millwall played well for large parts of the game and could quite easily have scored a couple of goals.

I'm not convinced you're actually reading what I posted pal!

You're entitled to your opinion about the Millwall game....but I don't get where the blind faith aspect comes in?

5 hours ago, caymanram said:

Ok, different opinions is fine.

Let’s see how the games goes at the Den.....I would take a point now. 

To be fair, you don’t win 3-0 by luck. You can get lucky throughout a game, get a spawny 1-0 snatch and grab. But eventually quality shines through, and 3-0 is decisive. 

Fine marhins make all the difference. That extra 1 or 2 percent skill or experience our players have now all adds up over 90 mins and does the job. It might not look or seem like we play teams off the park, but you don’t win by 3+ goals so often and call it luck, you’re doing something very specifically better than your opponents, and you’re doing it consistently. 

On 1/22/2018 at 01:25, caymanram said:

We defeat teams that outplay us for sections of the game. teams could have scored against us but as usual, they did not.

10 hours ago, David said:

And as the tick follows the tock on the Sky Transfer Deadline clock.... We hold our breath to watch the reporters outside all premier clubs. 

Its gonna get frantic last few days, could get Messi even :yes:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42795108

Bristol City have signed French striker Lois Diony on loan from Saint-Etienne until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.

The former Dijon striker joined Ligue 1 club Saint-Etienne last July for a reported £7m.

I can imagine this deal wasn’t exactly a cheap one for City if he was only signed last summer for £7m.

In other news, Villa have taken Man United’s Axel Tanzuebe on loan. England U21 international.

Archived