Championship promotion “rivals” watch

Bris Vegas

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Even into injury time they are playing it about without any threat to the Villa goal

No urgency from them, was there. 10 minutes to go and no grit. Looked a very, very poor side to me and bereft of fight.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fortunatey this time around I don't see anyone as good/consistent as the teams above (discounting Wolves who are a league above). Bristol City, Cardiff, Leeds and Sheff Utd are all generally in poor form and in truth don't look anywhere near as capable as a Watford or Burnley to power through to automatic promotion.

We couldn't have asked for a better chance.

Which makes it even stranger that as recently as yesterday you predicted we would finish 7th! 

We just have to keep at it. Fulham and Brentford on good runs. Don’t think they will catch us but we have to play them both in the next couple of months and they will be very tricky games.

We shouldn’t discount Cardiff just yet, but Villa worry me. We have to play them away right at the end of the season. That could be a deciding game.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they (Villa) are above us after the next 10 games but it’s a long season..... we have harder games though.

Next games for us:

Bristol city home

Millwall away

Brentford home

Norwich home

Wednesday away

Leeds home

Reading away

Fulham home

That's a really difficult and challenging sequence of games and I can’t see us not dropping some points and losing one or two.

Key thing is if Villa do overtake us within that sequence then not to panic....

We can do this ! COYR ?!

4 minutes ago, caymanram said:

We just have to keep at it. Fulham and Brentford on good runs. Don’t think they will catch us but we have to play them both in the next couple of months and they will be very tricky games.

We shouldn’t discount Cardiff just yet, but Villa worry me. We have to play them away right at the end of the season. That could be a deciding game.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they (Villa) are above us after the next 10 games but it’s a long season..... we have harder games though.

Next games for us:

Bristol city home

Millwall away

Brentford home

Norwich home

Wednesday away

Leeds home

Reading away

Fulham home

That's a really difficult and challenging sequence of games and I can’t see us not dropping some points and losing one or two.

We can do this ! COYR ?!

Over the season we pretty much have to play the same teams as Villa, give or take.

Well, of course we do, but we aren’t judging it at the beginning of the season but at this point going forward. In which case the games are different because of the home/away issue if nothing else.

Compare the fixtures and see which team 

3 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Over the season we pretty much have to play the same teams as Villa, give or take.

you would give the most points to....

I am confident, but this will be tough.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Which makes it even stranger that as recently as yesterday you predicted we would finish 7th! 

To finish on 75 points. In the past few seasons the top two have finished on 90+ points. This season 2nd spot could be something like 84 points the way it’s going.

There are 19 games to go, so there are no guarantees of anything especially when the top half is so congested.

Only four points separate Ipswich in 12th from Sheffield United in 6th, and then only five points separate Bristol City in 5th and us in 2nd - margins that can be easily eroded and there are always teams that make a late charge. Brentford and Fulham look like prime candidates.

But in truth, the team I fear the most is ourselves. We look capable, experienced and comfortable enough to see out the job but we have imploded from good positions before in recent years, so I refuse to get excited until Easter at least. 

We just need to keep our heads down and keep things ticking along and not get dragged into the hysteria of the 'race for second' and heap any additional pressure upon ourselves.

32 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

There are 19 games to go, so there are no guarantees of anything especially when the top half is so congested.

Only four points separate Ipswich in 12th from Sheffield United in 6th, and then only five points separate Bristol City in 5th and us in 2nd - margins that can be easily eroded and there are always teams that make a late charge. Brentford and Fulham look like prime candidates.

But in truth, the team I fear the most is ourselves. We look capable, experienced and comfortable enough to see out the job but we have imploded from good positions before in recent years, so I refuse to get excited until Easter at least. 

We just need to keep our heads down and keep things ticking along and not get dragged into the hysteria of the 'race for second' and heap any additional pressure upon ourselves.

The pressure starts if a team slips and loses a game or two.

the four point gap from sheff utd to ipswich in 12th makes this a great season in terms of the race for the play offs.

8 hours ago, caymanram said:

Next games for us:

Bristol city home

Millwall away

Brentford home

Norwich home

Wednesday away

Leeds home

Reading away

Fulham home

We can do this ! COYR ?!

If you look at recent form and league position it isn't THAT scary......

Bristol, Leeds - out of form

Reading,  Wednesday - near bottom

Norwich, Millwall - hit and miss 

Brentford Fulham  - they are on good runs,  but we have decent home records against them so should not be fearful.

Hants" predict-o-meter WWWWWWWW

Anything less and it's a big boooo from me :lol:

Should take form into consideration too, Since our fortunes changed at the start of October we have picked up the same points as Wolves and 9 clear of 3rd spot.

Good job forest had their OK start to the season as only 2 points above the bottom 3 since beginning of October.

You’re firm favourites to finish second without any doubt. The depth of attacking prowess you have is so good. The midfield is experienced and well balanced and you have a solid defence and probably the best keeper in this league.

i simply cannot see pass yourselves for second.

Archived