Championship promotion “rivals” watch

Bris Vegas

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Yeah, I see villa finishing second and us finishing 3rd. Definately play offs at least though. Think Villa are on great form (when they beat barnsley) will make it tough for us

Villa have spent big and have a big squad of good players, but they're nothing be scared of. If they were as good as Wolves, they'd be where Wolves are.

So both our main rivals for 2nd got 1 point each, as did we. Soneverything is as you were, but for villa sneaking up a bit more on the rails.

butvik not sure why 1-0 vs forest, and 3-1 vs Barnsley implies that they’re in any better form than us, and everyone’s quaking in their boots over them. 

Weve still got more goals scored, less goals conceded, and more points. Honestly, I think that game at the end of the season will be a dead rubber, and it will all be seen up by then. I’m confident that we’re more likely to pull away than get reeled in. 

1 minute ago, needles said:

Villa have spent big and have a big squad of good players, but they're nothing be scared of. If they were as good as Wolves, they'd be where Wolves are.

It's all about momentum and timing your runs. Villa will finish strong. On their day they are the best team in the league. I still think we are a couple of players short  for auto. A winger and a cm.

14 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

It's all about momentum and timing your runs. Villa will finish strong. On their day they are the best team in the league. I still think we are a couple of players short  for auto. A winger and a cm.

its steve bruce forgot sake he always seems to finish strong, they have such a strong team we need them to get a few injuries 

A week on Tuesday, we go to Millwall and they go to Sheffield Utd.

Not inconceivable that we'll be 6 point +GD clear of them on Wednesday morning, with 17 games to play.

Of course we could be all level at that point, instead, but the point is don't worry about anyone else. Everything now is about beating Millwall. Then the next one.

2 hours ago, needles said:

A week on Tuesday, we go to Millwall and they go to Sheffield Utd.

Not inconceivable that we'll be 6 point +GD clear of them on Wednesday morning, with 17 games to play.

Of course we could be all level at that point, instead, but the point is don't worry about anyone else. Everything now is about beating Millwall. Then the next one.

Absolutely correct,  Needles

2 hours ago, needles said:

It's all about who's got most points after 46 games. They're good. We're good.

We are more organised than Villa and will prevail. 

To finish above us you are going to have to beat a lot of desperate teams, some desperate to go up and some desperate to stay up.

Easter will decidem it.

Archived