Goalkeeper’s distribution

richinspain

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, cannable said:

Every ‘keeper we had’s distribution used to deteriorate under Martin Taylor

A bit unfair on Taylor. Bywater never could kick.

I personally have never complained about his distribution being inaccurate. The only thing that irks me about his distribution is when everyone is tearing away for a counter attack and he sometimes holds onto the ball arbitrarily. 

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42184181

Some complain about Scotty’s distribution, but he’s actually got the seventh best % in the Championship.

Some Derby fans complaining about Mr Carson, this can not be so , Derby fans never, complain, lol, on a serious note Scott has been outstanding this year and his distribution is very good at this level, remember that pass he did to Ince to score the winner at Brum last season that was excellent awareness and a perfect pass, for me I would not swap Scott for any keeper in this division. 

36 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I personally have never complained about his distribution being inaccurate. The only thing that irks me about his distribution is when everyone is tearing away for a counter attack and he sometimes holds onto the ball arbitrarily. 

And then there's the opposite side of that coin where no one is moving up and he's itching to get the ball down field.

It would nice to see a few drop kicks aimed in the general direction of the centre forward just like the old days.

whats the point in rolling it out, only for huddlestone to attempt the same sort of thing?

2 minutes ago, deano180 said:

Grants hand distribution was superb, and would be a great attacking weapon in our more counter attacking style we possess now

Apart from when he used to palm it into his own net.

58 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

And then there's the opposite side of that coin where no one is moving up and he's itching to get the ball down field.

Yeah agreed it goes both ways. I mean I don't complain at all about him, he's the best keeper I've seen in a Derby shirt since Poom in my opinion. It's just that one little thing that could be worked on. 

4 hours ago, cannable said:

Does Carson get a rough ride with regards to his distribution mainly because Grant’s was so good?

Possibly from some people, but I just find that his distribution has got worse over the last year. It used to be pretty reliable, now he rarely hits one of our men. Not that we can complain much clearly looking at those stats, and in any case he’s still a top class goalie, it can just be frustrating at times. 

I actually think Carson's distribution is really poor on longer kicks.

1) He's incredibly slow, first at getting the ball and secondly at the actual distribution. He's increased his speed this season a little but by and large it is painful to watch.

2) His throwing is OK, but doesn't do it that often but there are always 2 or 3 kicks a game from his hands he seems to slice the ball.

Ultimately though, its what to expect from a Champ keeper. If he was better than this, he'd be in the Prem.

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I actually think Carson's distribution is really poor on longer kicks.

1) He's incredibly slow, first at getting the ball and secondly at the actual distribution. He's increased his speed this season a little but by and large it is painful to watch.

Yeah, I remember him being incredibly slow and inaccurate releasing Ince through against Birmingham.

Won us three points with his distribution.

I see people moaning about the keepers distribution, but very rarely see defenders criticised for taking the easy option of laying it back to a keeper, even when not under pressure rather than trying to play a pass forward.

How many times do you see a defender play the ball back rather than clear his lines, only for the keeper to have to hoof the ball forward because he has no other option?

Archived