Ben Marshall - signed for Millwall

deanoakaram4life

13 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I was thinking this too... McClean main target with backup option(s) of Marshall & Cotterill...

My exact thoughts. But yes Cotterill is in India so no longer an option.

Keep it simple. Switch Martin and Marshall for the rest of the season and sort it all out in the summer.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

That's a depressing sentence to read... We're second in the league and trying to get promotion and that's the best list we can manage? An inconsistent talent, a wing-back who we're competing with a relegation zone team for and a guy who plays in the Indian Super League...

It really showcases the difference in manager pedigree - As much as I like Rowett and am being brought around to his more pragmatic approach - The kind of players we're linked with these days aren't overly exciting - When we had McClaren at least the rumours kept the transfer windows interesting! 

You're ignoring the fact that we're currently 2nd with this pragmatic approach, we trying to replace Johnny Russell for goodness sake not Leroy Sane!!!

We can't keep playing boom n bust in the transfer market.

Leaks come from outside not inside now Rush has gone.    No overexcited, frantic anticipation any more. Bit boring really but restful.

Today and tomorrow could be a marathon though....    talksport are featuring our attempts to get McClean on loan

Ben Marshall is a highly talented player and proven at this level.27 next month and just the sort of player that Rowett would get the best out of.Quality delivery and he can cover for 2/3 positions ,just two of his main assets and ,in my opinion,an upgrade on Russell.If he’s available do it Gary 

3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Hasn’t Cotterill gone to the Indian super league? I really hope we don’t resort to either of these. We need a winger of real quality and consistency. I hope our transfer dealings/decisions don’t let us down again. 

Bit harsh if you're referring to Gary's dealings. He's done alright so far. Maybe Tom could sharpen up a bit but pretty much every signing a cracker in my book and I don't doubt Tom will find his feet given time. He was progressing well prior to the knock, I thought.

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Bit harsh if you're referring to Gary's dealings. He's done alright so far. Maybe Tom could sharpen up a bit but pretty much every signing a cracker in my book and I don't doubt Tom will find his feet given time. He was progressing well prior to the knock, I thought.

No not aimed at Gary, meaning when we have been lacking at DM and loaning Martin out in the past without replacements. Gary has addressed the DM and it is fair to say the one blip (Keith and the paperwork) led to us signing Ledley which has turned into a cracking deal. More than happy with the squad now, if we could just add that quality winger, but again I have said that for the past few years.

19 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

No not aimed at Gary, meaning when we have been lacking at DM and loaning Martin out in the past without replacements. Gary has addressed the DM and it is fair to say the one blip (Keith and the paperwork) led to us signing Ledley which has turned into a cracking deal. More than happy with the squad now, if we could just add that quality winger, but again I have said that for the past few years.

Yep, figured you meant earlier dealings. Really wanted us to buy Ollie Watkins before he went to Bristol but I wonder whether he is the type of player Gary would favour. My more pragmatic side thinks cover for Carson and another mid (not necessarily a CDM) would be good. That said, with Rowett rightly big on getting the right players for the right money, the January window was always likely to be more about moving players out. Hopefully he's got a rabbit or two up his sleeve but I won't be whinging (too much) if we're not that busy.

35 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Yep, figured you meant earlier dealings. Really wanted us to buy Ollie Watkins before he went to Bristol but I wonder whether he is the type of player Gary would favour. My more pragmatic side thinks cover for Carson and another mid (not necessarily a CDM) would be good. That said, with Rowett rightly big on getting the right players for the right money, the January window was always likely to be more about moving players out. Hopefully he's got a rabbit or two up his sleeve but I won't be whinging (too much) if we're not that busy.

Watkins Brentford?

On 1/30/2018 at 11:06, Saul Pimpson said:

You're ignoring the fact that we're currently 2nd with this pragmatic approach, we trying to replace Johnny Russell for goodness sake not Leroy Sane!!!

We can't keep playing boom n bust in the transfer market.

My old man went to the game last night - Said we essentially had one chance of note all game - Just failed to break down a tough and organised Millwall defence

You need players with a bit of class, a bit of something extra - to unlock defences like that - We only really have Lawrence who is capable of that in the final third - Marshall and Cotterill are not players who will give you that

Archived