Ben Marshall - signed for Millwall

deanoakaram4life

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Bit odd when the official Derby County twitter post about it, no?

That is ridiculous. What a tinpot move. Official source sharing a transfer rumour? At best it’s unproffesional, at worst it’s stirring up trouble. Plus they’re plugging The S*n, FFS! 

Embarrassing. 

Frankly, I find it very galling that "allegedly" we are willing to swap one of our best players, an international who has a great scoring record, for some very mediocre, young, unproven journeyman whose record suggests he has a no better end product than about 4 players in the Club that we already have. That is Tommy Docherty-esque with a capital T. 

If we're viewing the Ben Marshall that's played himself out of the Wolves team, we're obviously going to argue that we have better here. 

We're living in a world where Leon Clarke is the top goalscorer in the division. I'd have still taken Sammon back over him a year ago. 

Marshall has ability, well, he's shown it previously. I guess we'd have to see what Rowett could do for him (should he sign).

Why do we not use the loan market anymore ? why do we have to buy everyone. If we go up is he going to be a player who is good enough for the prem ? Theres a reason why we have such a big squad, because over the last couple of years we've bought every Tom, Nick and Abdoul, instead of using the loan market.

Archived