Ben Marshall - signed for Millwall

deanoakaram4life

On 23/12/2017 at 11:15, King Kevin said:

Not read the whole thread so stay with me .This deal is on  Cardiff and Sheff Wednesday are also interested but the deal is Derby's to lose .I have heard that there is a strong possibility that Chris Martin will go the other way ,from what I have heard from the Wolves end the fee for CM might not be what we might expect .

I know this has been mooted in the press but I have had this from a good source this morning . #notintheknow.

So we're expecting Ben Marshall + £3m for Chris Martin? Something like that?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

So we're expecting Ben Marshall + £3m for Chris Martin? Something like that?

The way it was put to me is that the  Ben Marshall deal is almost a given coming to Derby and CM going the other way but as I said the figure mooted was not what I expected and yes you are right it was circa £3m .This was from the Wolves end . 

3 hours ago, archied said:

I really don’t see the Martin to wolves thing , given their finances and their league position why Martin unless they think he will cut it in the premier why would they not be looking for a striker ( if that’s what they want) to get them up but also be part of their prem team?

Martin is perfect for wolves and he is pretty useful to us! 

If we sell martin then we will need to get another striker as I'm sure bent will be off as well and winnall is only an impact player. £3 million plus Marshall doesn't sound much... How much would Marshall be valued at £1million say? Sounds like we should have let him go to fulham after all if Rowett doesn't want him and let's him go for less money. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

If we sell martin then we will need to get another striker as I'm sure bent will be off as well and winnall is only an impact player. £3 million plus Marshall doesn't sound much... How much would Marshall be valued at £1million say? Sounds like we should have let him go to fulham after all if Rowett doesn't want him and let's him go for less money. 

Sounds reasonable in the cold light of day, I can’t see how Marshall would be valued at £1 million if he never plays in the championship 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We've needed a physically strong wide midfielder for a while. I feel Lawrence, Russell and Weimann are all a bit lightweight so he would provide something different.

This, my Wolves colleagues think he is worth a place even in their current form.As Mclovin states he is a physical  wide player that likes to run at defences .Sounds like a GR type player to me.

Marshall is an extremely talented player who takes great free kicks and can deliver well from either wide area.Better than Russell,Weimann and Johnson in my opinion and,personally,I’d love him in our squad.Think we’d need to offload Anya and another player to make the necessary funds available. Definitely a Gary Rowett type player.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Wonder if this transfer will resurrect it's self if we don't get Mclean , this was nearly a done deal a month ago.

I was thinking this too... McClean main target with backup option(s) of Marshall & Cotterill...

4 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I was thinking this too... McClean main target with backup option(s) of Marshall & Cotterill...

Hasn’t Cotterill gone to the Indian super league? I really hope we don’t resort to either of these. We need a winger of real quality and consistency. I hope our transfer dealings/decisions don’t let us down again. 

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Hasn’t Cotterill gone to the Indian super league? I really hope we don’t resort to either of these. We need a winger of real quality and consistency. I hope our transfer dealings/decisions don’t let us down again. 

Knockart etc ?

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Didn't know that, cheers.

At this stage we could get by with a winger equivalent quality to Johnny Russell seeing as he's the man we need to replace.

Marshall would be a more than adequate replacement, if push comes to shove.

8 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

That's a depressing sentence to read... We're second in the league and trying to get promotion and that's the best list we can manage? An inconsistent talent, a wing-back who we're competing with a relegation zone team for and a guy who plays in the Indian Super League...

It really showcases the difference in manager pedigree - As much as I like Rowett and am being brought around to his more pragmatic approach - The kind of players we're linked with these days aren't overly exciting - When we had McClaren at least the rumours kept the transfer windows interesting! 

Archived