Matej Vydra

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Saw Vydra in Cosmo on Wednesday night.

As a Season Ticket holder I got 10% discount - would have been 25% if Derby had won on Tuesday (that's the "special offer" they run)

I nearly went over and insisted that he pay the extra 15%, but all his mates looked like murderers :lol:

I was going to ask you how you knew what murderers looked like but then i remembered that you live in Nottingham.

On 26/11/2017 at 11:12, Leicester Ram said:

Does this make him the most clinical striker in the world right now?

I'm serious, is there anyone else in world football in double digits this season who's converted like Vydra has?

I would imagine there are loads.

I saw a recent graphic about deadly strikers in top divisions, and there are plenty who have scored 40odd in the last 40dd appearances. It helps when your playing for a world class top club team in a league full of average sides.

Vydra wouild need to carry on at current rates for a fullseason to join the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Kane, Lewandowski, Neymar, Cavani etc

Plus you get the odd guy you never heard of in the Chinese superleague with ridiculous goal stats too.

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I would imagine there are loads.

I saw a recent graphic about deadly strikers in top divisions, and there are plenty who have scored 40odd in the last 40dd appearances. It helps when your playing for a world class top club team in a league full of average sides.

Vydra wouild need to carry on at current rates for a fullseason to join the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Kane, Lewandowski, Neymar, Cavani etc

Plus you get the odd guy you never heard of in the Chinese superleague with ridiculous goal stats too.

You could have got proper name and stats of the guy in the chinese super league but oh no really slack you decide to wing it

1 minute ago, archied said:

You could have got proper name and stats of the guy in the chinese super league but oh no really slack you decide to wing it

And don't anybody try to defend his slackness by asking what's Wong with winging it

On 26 November 2017 at 11:40, Mistaram said:

Great point about Nugent I went yesterday and he was taking Gibson out of his comfort zone all the time Nugent is far better footballer than I've given him credit for He's not just a goalscorer he's very skillful and got a brain 

I am a huge fan of Nugent. He doesn't have the outward presence of Martin or bigger CF's but he has guile, persistence and a touch. He makes space and it has paid dividends for Vydra. Of all our strikers he is easily the most flexible. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

I am a huge fan of Nugent. He doesn't have the outward presence of Martin or bigger CF's but he has guile, persistence and a touch. He makes space and it has paid dividends for Vydra. Of all our strikers he is easily the most flexible. 

Couldn't agree more I think he could play with anyone 

3 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Couldn't agree more I think he could play with anyone 

All three of Nugent, Martin and Vydra are all fantastic for this level and all suit playing with each other.

Don't think we need another striker apart from those three until at least the end of next season, hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

All three of Nugent, Martin and Vydra are all fantastic for this level and all suit playing with each other.

Don't think we need another striker apart from those three until at least the end of next season, hopefully.

Aye, was gonna add the only partnership I’d feel dodgy about is Nugent/Winnall really.

The point is that all players know need game time together so they start gelling. We are currently set up to get the best out of Vydra, which is fair enough, but I’m concerned we will fall into the ‘Ince mode’ of last season where we rely too much on one player who isn’t contributing to our other goals. That’s not a promotion side. Essentially we need other players involved so we have other options to create goals from different areas

5 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I am straying off topic I know,  but I think all we need is the mids and wide players chipping in with a few more. Hoping George will be the spark, Lawrence has the promise and Weiman and Russell are more than capable. 

22 hours ago, jono said:

I am straying off topic I know,  but I think all we need is the mids and wide players chipping in with a few more. Hoping George will be the spark, Lawrence has the promise and Weiman and Russell are more than capable. 

Lawrence has missed some absolute sitters this season, if he gets his shooting boots on we'll get a decent return off him. He's getting the chances so hopefully more goals will come soon.

Archived