Deco's when do you put them up?

King Kevin

Usually the weekend before Christmas but I'm struggling to hold back the tide this year. The fecking lights in the city centre were switched on a fortnight ago and decorations have been up in some places for weeks. The build up seems to be about 2 months now, so I fully expect my lot to bang on about putting the decorations up any time soon.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Not doing them this year. Moving house 22 December, seems pointless.

We moved house once on Christmas Eve. Still had a tree, it was the first thing we moved out of the old house and the first thing we put in the new one...made the rest of the move seem effortless.  

December 8th for us.  Has been the 1st for years but with the dog being a pain in the arse for shiny, danglely things, we're saving ourselves another week of shouting at him.  

They'll be down 2nd Jan.

Anybody (including family & friends) who put them up before the 1st December is a c***...  FACT!!!

14 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

My birthday is early Dec, so I've always said after then please to the missus...

Aaaand like every other year they went up this weekend. 

Mine is the 13th, try to convince the wife to wait until then, got absolutely no chance. She normally puts them up first weekend of December whilst I am at work.

On 11/27/2017 at 12:01, mrdave85 said:

My birthday is early Dec, so I've always said after then please to the missus...

Aaaand like every other year they went up this weekend. 

On 11/27/2017 at 12:18, rynny said:

Mine is the 13th, try to convince the wife to wait until then, got absolutely no chance. She normally puts them up first weekend of December whilst I am at work.

Fortunately, all mine are in the loft, and she won't go up due to wonky ladders ans spiders.  Therefore it can't happen behind my back...

Going up Saturday.. I still don't understand why I have to change the colour scheme each year though. 

Had silver balls last year but apparently they have to be red this year !!! In my head there are three traditional christmas colours for decorations. Gold, silver & red. So being abloke I thought okay every 3rd year I can use the red balls again.. Seemed okay to me but no we have to have different red balls.. Bigger apparently. 

Is there a progressive technology with Xmas balls? Faster, more aero dynamic? More efficient? 

Archived