Deco's when do you put them up?

King Kevin

My missus said last weekend don’t put them up now, it’s only just December, wait until next weekend.

Last Saturday morning was a nice calm 10 degrees or more, this weekend might touch 2 if I’m lucky, probably blowing a gale and hissing it down.

Why do I let her win, bloody women!:(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/11/2017 at 08:35, Angry Ram said:

Going up Saturday.. I still don't understand why I have to change the colour 

Is there a progressive technology with Xmas balls? Faster, more aero dynamic? More efficient? 

Nah, just progressive (or should that be aggressive? ) marketing.

On 09/12/2017 at 16:48, coneheadjohn said:

jRFHSoy.jpg

So with the netting thats holding the lights hanging down over the front door, are you not expecting any Christmas cards or is it a way of stopping the Postman putting any bills through your letterbox till after Christmas?

10 hours ago, 1of4 said:

So with the netting thats holding the lights hanging down over the front door, are you not expecting any Christmas cards or is it a way of stopping the Postman putting any bills through your letterbox till after Christmas?

Not expecting cards mate(humbug)!

They’re projectors.

6 minutes ago, mozza said:

We've got one on order, whether it arrives or not is a different matter 

2 in a box at Costco,cost me 30 quid plus vat.

It looks a lot better than my pictures show.

Get a few youngsters sit on the barrier and have a spliff whilst looking at the view out over Derbyshire.

The lights have left a couple in a right mess.

They reflect off my dogs(unicorns)on the front as well.

3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

2 in a box at Costco,cost me 30 quid plus vat.

It looks a lot better than my pictures show.

Get a few youngsters sit on the barrier and have a spliff whilst looking at the view out over Derbyshire.

The lights have left a couple in a right mess.

They reflect off my dogs(unicorns)on the front as well.

The one we've ordered is multi - purpose , with various slides , Happy birthday , merry xmas etc. all year round jobby , not one to miss a bargain me £16.50 inc delivery ..

18 hours ago, Coconut said:

Does putting cards from neighbours in the mantlepiece count? If not, I haven't put anything up for at least 8 years.

Christmas is for children, if you don't have any children who live at or visit your house then I don't see any need for them.

We’re all children inside and under our aging skin, excitement shifts from Action Man to 10 pairs of plain black socks and a Lynx gift set.

I still put a mince pie out, feels like a fair trade. I know the missus eats it but still.

Archived