Middlesbrough v Derby County match day thread.

B4ev6is

14 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Can't see Thorne starting myself. 

This will be Brentford away on steroids. 

Sit deep and try to smash them on the break.

You prob right but Rowett keeps hinting at a start but then saying he doesn’t want to change a winning side. Problem for Thorne is, huddlestone had one of his best games for us, and that’s who he’d come in for right , doubt he’d drop Ledley for him. I’d actually be tempted to play all 3 (if we aren’t going to have a go) and just have the one striker ... rather like we’ve been finishing games. 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

WTF... Might as well give up now. 4 or 5 changes !!! Mentally shattered FFS. Worse post I have EVER seen on here.

I despair. :angry:

Yep I'm in the keep a winning team camp ,,, second half v qpr saw them jel much better and pass it better ,stabity in the team selections has got to help team cohesion as far as I can see and to go to borough with the idea of resting players because we think the chances of getting anything from there aren't  good then focus on the next two is just madness to me if we are interested in promotion ,, best eleven in the managers view and tell them to get out there and win

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You prob right but Rowett keeps hinting at a start but then saying he doesn’t want to change a winning side. Problem for Thorne is, huddlestone had one of his best games for us, and that’s who he’d come in for right , doubt he’d drop Ledley for him. I’d actually be tempted to play all 3 (if we aren’t going to have a go) and just have the one striker ... rather like we’ve been finishing games. 

That sounds an awful lot like 433 to me. I guess playing one striker you'd want someone who could hold the ball up and bring others into play, right? Vydra can't play there, not strong enough. Winnall isn't fit. Hold-up play isn't Nugent's strength. That only leaves Martin.

22 minutes ago, archied said:

Yep I'm in the keep a winning team camp ,,, second half v qpr saw them jel much better and pass it better ,stabity in the team selections has got to help team cohesion as far as I can see and to go to borough with the idea of resting players because we think the chances of getting anything from there aren't  good then focus on the next two is just madness to me if we are interested in promotion ,, best eleven in the managers view and tell them to get out there and win

And yet Rowett in his post-match interview on Tuesday was suggesting there would be changes,

13 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

That sounds an awful lot like 433 to me. I guess playing one striker you'd want someone who could hold the ball up and bring others into play, right? Vydra can't play there, not strong enough. Winnall isn't fit. Hold-up play isn't Nugent's strength. That only leaves Martin.

Not necessarily,, he may want to play 433 but use pace up front with vydra Lawrence  wieman 

47 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Cyrus is better than Fookin Fozzy defensively. The amount of times he gets skinned is dizzying and he seems to love giving corners away. I was adamantly opposed to letting Cyrus go as he was one of a few who could take people on and will clearly be a premier League right back by next season. He is a confidence player though rather like Vyds. Needs a managerial backing. Anyway at the end of the day the manager had to believe and I think his exodus was really just a matter of cutting and accepting any decent offer for old guard players. O well let’s hope Wisdom gets sorted and Max Lowe can go one week without being in the treatment room :)

You think Christie's better than Forsyth defensively...

3 minutes ago, DRBee said:

And yet Rowett in his post-match interview on Tuesday was suggesting there would be changes,

As we have seen that don't mean a can of beans and rightly so ,, why would you tell the opposing manager of the next match that you will be turning up with exactly the same team?

3 minutes ago, archied said:

Not necessarily,, he may want to play 433 but use pace up front with vydra Lawrence  wieman 

Three lightweight players up front away from home? That would backfire spectacularly in my opinion.

McClaren tried something similar when he came back after Pearson was sacked. Didn't take him long to realise it didn't work and that Bent for all his faults was the best of the lot in that role. 

6 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Three lightweight players up front away from home? That would backfire spectacularly in my opinion.

McClaren tried something similar when he came back after Pearson was sacked. Didn't take him long to realise it didn't work and that Bent for all his faults was the best of the lot in that role. 

You might be right but I've got a feeling he may want to reward wiemans last performance,same with Lawrence and it's hard to drop vydra just now,

Interesting to read the "doubts" on Christie defensive qualities

He has been solid in both defence and bombing up n down the right 

Easily one of the best attacking RB we have had in a while and expecting him to push on with no World Cup issues now

1 hour ago, Teesside_Steve said:

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, although I reckon it's got a draw written all over it.

Despite us winning 4 out of our last 5 games, there's still a feeling that we haven't properly "clicked" as a team yet.

How many have you sold for tomorrow out of interest?

I also think it will be a draw tomorrow, 1-1, with Nugent scoring for us. Heard we have sold just over 1100, with pay on the gate available, good luck for the season, after tomorrow of course.

1 hour ago, RedSmog said:

Interesting to read the "doubts" on Christie defensive qualities

He has been solid in both defence and bombing up n down the right 

Easily one of the best attacking RB we have had in a while and expecting him to push on with no World Cup issues now

He’s fine, he just ended up being a little inconsistent with us plus he never really clicked with Tom Ince (they both wanted to attack the same area mostly) so it just made he seem worse. He needed a move and a manager to show a bit more faith in him than we did overall

17 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I also think it will be a draw tomorrow, 1-1, with Nugent scoring for us. Heard we have sold just over 1100, with pay on the gate available, good luck for the season, after tomorrow of course.

That's pretty decent. Reckon we'll be looking at a crowd of 26k.

Yeah, good luck to yourselves. Think we'll both make the play-offs :thumbsup:

Archived