Middlesbrough v Derby County match day thread.

B4ev6is

10 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

I'd be happy with 1-1

Has Monk made many changes from karankas team?

How's Cyrus playing for you?

Wholesale changed from Karanka and "that" PL season:(  especially along the front line

Ben Gibson, Ayala,Friend, Clayton and Leadbitter only ones getting anything like regular football under Monk

Christie has been fantastic to be honest, solid defensively and loves to push on, got a cracking cross on him too

Him and Randolph have been signings of the summer to be honest 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Hate coming up there, 4 or 5 hours in the car to get there.. You lot never give us anything.. Have we even had a shot in the last couple of visits? One of the worst away days of the season.. I bet it's poxy freezing as well.

Can see it now.. 90 mins or boring, nothing. You have 2 shots and score 2 goals. Bamford will get one without doubt !! The traffic will be poo going up and even pooer coming home. I will get in around 11, no dinner, takeaways closed. Pissed off.

See you Saturday :thumbsup:

Your safe with Bamford, not one of Monks favourites and his game time this season can be counted on one hand

It will be cold tho :D

18 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Wholesale changed from Karanka and "that" PL season:(  especially along the front line

Ben Gibson, Ayala,Friend, Clayton and Leadbitter only ones getting anything like regular football under Monk

Christie has been fantastic to be honest, solid defensively and loves to push on, got a cracking cross on him too

Heard a stat this afternoon which said that boro were biggest championship spenders this summer. Surprising. 

23 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Christ almighty monk must be a miracle worker, it either hit the first man or went to row Z on the opposite stand when he was here!

5 hours ago, RedSmog said:

Now you are exaggerating Christie solid defensively ?

Boro were many people's title favourites before the season started. They're on form and have climbed the table, now sitting above us in the final playoff place. If we have designs on promotion, then this is a key game and very much a six-pointer and it would be a massive statement were we to win. Coupled with the knowledge that they are indeed a team we never ever seem to beat.

I think this is a game for the new Gary Rowett Derby County, a team that might not be as glamorous when compared with the elan of other Derby sides, but are definitely capable of grinding out results. Let's keep it tight, quieten the crowd, and work our way into the game, snatching a scuffed 90th minute winner by George Thorne coming off the bench.

I’d like to see 4 or 5 changes, stay fresh for Tuesday night.

Never get anything there anyway. Even if we do we’ll be physically and mentally shattered and probably go 2 nil down to Ipswich after 10 mins. 

Keep key men fresh, anything Saturday is a bonus. 6 points from Ipswich and Burton is a must if we have any hopes of top 6 or better. 

7 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

I’d like to see 4 or 5 changes, stay fresh for Tuesday night.

Never get anything there anyway. Even if we do we’ll be physically and mentally shattered and probably go 2 nil down to Ipswich after 10 mins. 

Keep key men fresh, anything Saturday is a bonus. 6 points from Ipswich and Burton is a must if we have any hopes of top 6 or better. 

WTF... Might as well give up now. 4 or 5 changes !!! Mentally shattered FFS. Worse post I have EVER seen on here.

I despair. :angry:

18 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Now you are exaggerating Christie solid defensively ?

Cyrus is better than Fookin Fozzy defensively. The amount of times he gets skinned is dizzying and he seems to love giving corners away. I was adamantly opposed to letting Cyrus go as he was one of a few who could take people on and will clearly be a premier League right back by next season. He is a confidence player though rather like Vyds. Needs a managerial backing. Anyway at the end of the day the manager had to believe and I think his exodus was really just a matter of cutting and accepting any decent offer for old guard players. O well let’s hope Wisdom gets sorted and Max Lowe can go one week without being in the treatment room :)

32 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

WTF... Might as well give up now. 4 or 5 changes !!! Mentally shattered FFS. Worse post I have EVER seen on here.

I despair. :angry:

We’ve seen the change scenario after a strong run before at Derby haven’t we? Doesn’t seem to work out too well for us. @Angry Ram is right to be perturbed by the suggestion 

Archived