Bloody Keogh

jimbobram

48 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

because a midfielders job is to have lots of posession, but never do anything with it. And not ever get back into position without the ball,and ultimately leave the defence unprotected so we can loose lots of games.

i agree.

Give me Ledley and Hudds any day of the week. You can keep your precious Hughes and all that he offers (which is 0 btw)

I don't think he was having a pop at you - But it was a funny and very relevant line

A midfielder's primary job is to transition the ball from defence to attack - Which our midfield has been pretty poor at this season - Until the second half last night where Huddlestone suddenly seemed to remember that's what he's there for! :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I don't think he was having a pop at you - But it was a funny and very relevant line

A midfielder's primary job is to transition the ball from defence to attack - Which our midfield has been pretty poor at this season - Until the second half last night where Huddlestone suddenly seemed to remember that's what he's there for! :D

Alternative view, he was until half time following orders which were designed to stop CH's being exposed (Bristol City).  Given how poor QPR  were GR changed things and pushed him up field?

Keoghs always been our best defender. He's just generally had other sub standard players around him to compensate for. Last year we had two attack minded full backs and no proper DM in front shielding. Now our full backs defend first, our DMs screen the defence and it makes all the players look a much better unit.

7 hours ago, jimbobram said:

I just wanted to make an appreciation thread for Rich. I hold my hands up and admit I've been a critic over the years at times but this year he has been brilliant. Heads, kicks and blocks everything and has a brain too, not scared to get hurt. I love his runs forward, shows some urgency and causes the other team to have something else to think about.

Tricked you, didn't I :thumbsup:

Well done Rich keep it up fella  

He's probably a better central defender than many lower positioned PL clubs have. 

7 hours ago, Spanish said:

true, GR has done well in this area at least

Gary Rowett has Done Well in all areas, that's why we have lost 1 in 10 games, and believe me it will get better, now back on topic Mr Keogh has never let us down, a great signing by Mr Clough, and now he has a partner who he can trust in Davis, he is looking even better this season, thought that Davis and Keogh were outstanding last night, never missed anything, will be a good test at Boro on Saturday, but I am sure they will not let us down.

Richard Keogh is fast becoming one of my favourite Derby players of the last twenty years. I don't think anyone would have held it against him if he wanted a fresh start, given the relentless criticism that seems to always come his way. For all the questions hanging over his captaincy and ability there is not a player i'd be more delighted for if we were to go up to the Prem.   

23 hours ago, Spanish said:

Alternative view, he was until half time following orders which were designed to stop CH's being exposed (Bristol City).  Given how poor QPR  were GR changed things and pushed him up field?

I like to think in home games GR asks them to play a little different. Such as have hudds and ledley on the half way line or further up.

I dont mind them sitting deep away, gives the front 4 more space to play into on the counter.

On 23/11/2017 at 11:21, Manicsheepreacher said:

Richard Keogh is fast becoming one of my favourite Derby players of the last twenty years. I don't think anyone would have held it against him if he wanted a fresh start, given the relentless criticism that seems to always come his way. For all the questions hanging over his captaincy and ability there is not a player i'd be more delighted for if we were to go up to the Prem.   

Well said

Archived