Bloody Keogh

jimbobram

I just wanted to make an appreciation thread for Rich. I hold my hands up and admit I've been a critic over the years at times but this year he has been brilliant. Heads, kicks and blocks everything and has a brain too, not scared to get hurt. I love his runs forward, shows some urgency and causes the other team to have something else to think about.

Tricked you, didn't I :thumbsup:

Well done Rich keep it up fella  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to take into account, the way the team is setup.

Moore and leacock looked amazing for one season.

Keogh for much of his time here has been running everywhere making a lot of last ditch blocks, because the team was setup to dominate the ball in the opposing half, and when we were doing that, that left an awful lof of space for other teams.

Probably the same reason Shackell looked good for Burnley in their promotion year and in the premier league for a season.

Say the same about Keane at burnley before going to everton.

let central defenders do their jobs, and not make up for difficiencies elsewhere, thats the only way you now how good they are ...... or not!

28 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

You have to take into account, the way the team is setup.

Moore and leacock looked amazing for one season.

Keogh for much of his time here has been running everywhere making a lot of last ditch blocks, because the team was setup to dominate the ball in the opposing half, and when we were doing that, that left an awful lof of space for other teams.

Probably the same reason Shackell looked good for Burnley in their promotion year and in the premier league for a season.

Say the same about Keane at burnley before going to everton.

let central defenders do their jobs, and not make up for difficiencies elsewhere, thats the only way you now how good they are ...... or not!

true, GR has done well in this area at least

Keogh is the bravest player we've got.

During times in games like last night, where we're struggling to create or gain any impetus and the crowd are getting twitchy, Keogh is the one who takes it upon himself to get hold of the ball and try to get something going.

11 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Keogh is the bravest player we've got.

During times in games like last night, where we're struggling to create or gain any impetus and the crowd are getting twitchy, Keogh is the one who takes it upon himself to get hold of the ball and try to get something going.

Agreed. A couple of times last night he tried to play a diagonal ball which wasn't the best option, but all it takes is for one of those to come off, like it did with Davies' ball over to weiman for the second. He isn't scared to try it. I think all the stick he's got over the years has made him thick skinned, he just plays the way he plays now.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Keogh’s been our best midfielder this calendar year, let alone centre-half.

because a midfielders job is to have lots of posession, but never do anything with it. And not ever get back into position without the ball,and ultimately leave the defence unprotected so we can loose lots of games.

i agree.

Give me Ledley and Hudds any day of the week. You can keep your precious Hughes and all that he offers (which is 0 btw)

10 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

because a midfielders job is to have lots of posession, but never do anything with it. And not ever get back into position without the ball,and ultimately leave the defence unprotected so we can loose lots of games.

i agree.

Give me Ledley and Hudds any day of the week. You can keep your precious Hughes and all that he offers (which is 0 btw)

He’s not mine to keep mate 

Don't underestimate the impact not having to play alongside Christie has. You could tell last season he never trusted Cyrus, he was always berating him for being out of position.

This year he has Wisdom/Baird and I think he trusts them to do their jobs and focus on his own game.

Last night when he was upfield, Baird slotted in at centre back, Weimann went to right back. Baird was confident, assured, was telling Weimann and Davies what to do. If you trust the people around you to react like that and take responsibility it gives you the breathing space to focus on your own game.

I've always been a Keogh fan, the only difference for me is that he's not having to desperately defend everything and feel he has to do it all himself. He has good players around him he trusts and knows will take responsibility for themselves. That means he isn't throwing himself into last minute decisions all the time.

Odds on POTY for me so far.

Archived