Millennial Railcard

Day

A new "millennial" railcard that could save 26 to 30-year-old passengers hundreds of pounds a year is expected to be confirmed in tomorrow's Budget.

The scheme, which involves paying £30 a year in exchange for 33% off rail travel, is expected to operate in a similar way to the young person's railcard for those aged 16 to 25.

https://apple.news/ANRyveJhETuaACYXYaFhjKw

Why should a 31 year old pay 33% more than a 30 year old?

I’ve got a better idea, not sure if it would work but how about making tickets cheaper regardless of age.

When you can fly to Spain cheaper than getting a train from the North to South of this tiny island, clearly something wrong.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, David said:

A new "millennial" railcard that could save 26 to 30-year-old passengers hundreds of pounds a year is expected to be confirmed in tomorrow's Budget.

The scheme, which involves paying £30 a year in exchange for 33% off rail travel, is expected to operate in a similar way to the young person's railcard for those aged 16 to 25.

I’ve got a better idea, not sure if it would work but how about making tickets cheaper regardless of age.

When you can fly to Spain cheaper than getting a train from the North to South of this tiny island, clearly something wrong.

I get the young persons card, especially for those in education, but don't see the point in this, most 26-30 years olds are probably earning the same as 45-50 year olds if not more so whats the reason?

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I get the young persons card, especially for those in education, but don't see the point in this, most 26-30 years olds are probably earning the same as 45-50 year olds if not more so whats the reason?

Tories are wooing 26 - 30's ?

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

How very dare they!

I expect to see all those who complained about Labour wooing young voters with ill-thought out promises to be livid when this gets announced :lol:

Bit of a difference betweem discounted train tickets and telling people to vote a certain way throught ill-thought out promises that had no actual workings behind them.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Bit of a difference betweem discounted train tickets and telling people to vote a certain way throught ill-thought out promises that had no actual workings behind them.

I don't think you can tell anyone to vote a certain way - you just have to state your policies and hope that you capture people's imaginations.

As usual the Tories are like your parents dancing to the Pixies at a wedding. Clueless attempt to impress the kids. Discounting railcards for a small section of young people only shines a light on what a collossal mistake privatising the railways was and drives that case for public ownership back in Labour's direction.

2 hours ago, David said:

Probably a knee jerk reaction to a bunch of factors: The Corbyn threat of re-nationalisation, the general dogshite standard of the service and the prohibitive cost going up and up every year. 

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

I don't think you can tell anyone to vote a certain way - you just have to state your policies and hope that you capture people's imaginations.

As usual the Tories are like your parents dancing to the Pixies at a wedding. Clueless attempt to impress the kids. Discounting railcards for a small section of young people only shines a light on what a collossal mistake privatising the railways was and drives that case for public ownership back in Labour's direction.

I will leave it here. But they were telling the youth to vote for policies they hadnt even thought through. The proof is on the other thread.

The rest i agree with

8 hours ago, David said:

After all the money given in the bribe to the DUP, its nice to see that the tory's magical money tree is still bearing fruit. Probably due to all the b******* spouted by May and her cabinet it been kept well fertilized. 

8 hours ago, David said:

will they give their seat up for me?

Archived