Will Hughes Watch

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, irobinson said:

tell you what Watford looking good - i am not sure young Will will get a sniff at that midfield

If he hasn't replaced Chalobah in the starting line-up by the end of September then I fear for his future (at Watford at least). 

I still say that Will never really found his form after his injury (maybe a little reticent because of it). He wasn't even making our first team of last year.

I can see him going out on loan for a while and Watford hoping he improves with age/strength, if not I can see him dropping down a division in the future.

Would I want him back? Not on his current form. (Awaiting in-coming)

He certainly wasn't the player he was before his injury.  Whether a run of games in a good team will fix that, time will tell.

Looking at Watford though, their midfield looks pretty good and powerful, Will has his work cut out if he wants to make more than a handful of appearances imo - would hate to see him on loan in the Championship at another club.

Huddlestones return on loan at Wolves still hurts me to this day. To this day he has still scored more goals for Wolves than us.

Please don't let Will return to PP in another teams colours.

Seriously though I do think he will find his way into the team, cream always rises to the top. 

14 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

First time I've really seen chalobah last Saturday. Big unit isn't he? Looks good. Can see him progressing. 

he does look good - and Southgate highly rates him - developed him through the England teams - so I reckon he might get in the squad - good luck to him better than sticking with the same old 

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, irobinson said:

he does look good - and Southgate highly rates him - developed him through the England teams - so I reckon he might get in the squad - good luck to him better than sticking with the same old 

He's playing for Watford but sterling isn't playing for citeh so maybe that's why he's called up. 

Will's going to get his chance. It's probably annoying, but I suspect at some stage injury or fixture congestion will hit and he will get a run of games. It's then up to him to keep it. Can't see Watford writing off a 22 year old after a month, seemed like a very deliberate purchase.

On 20/08/2017 at 14:26, twinkletoes said:

why is this thread still open ? hahahahahhahah ffs

Because people keep commenting on it, if no one posts, it will drop down the pages and be forgotten about.

Should we lock all threads when we want and say "nope sorry you can't comment on this topic"? Not very conducive for a active forum.

PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, rynny said:

Because people keep commenting on it, if no one posts, it will drop down the pages and be forgotten about.

Should we lock all threads when we want and say "nope sorry you can't comment on this topic"? Not very conducive for a active forum.

Plus the transfer window is still open and still time for a cheeky bid to get him back. 

Archived