What would you have done differently?

sage

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading taught us an important lesson.

irrespective of our own failings in possession, they showed us how vulnerable we are to pace, getting in behind the full backs.

no doubt we will sit deeper but surely we can't play Pearce v fulham.

its almost comical how late he gets back.

7 hours ago, sage said:

As we are all football experts I thought we could all share what we would have done differently yesterday.

No hindsight allowed. :ph34r:

Personally I would have played Thorne with Huddlestone and kept Johnson LM. I would also have picked Martin instead of Winnall.

I would have brought Baird on instead of Pearce for Keogh as they didn't have a big CF and we need someone at the back who can pass. (this would have less necessary had Thorne started).

I would have taken Winnall off for Martin on 30 minutes after he idd his silly foul after being already booked.

While he is at the club I would always have Anya on the bench as he can play full back if you are chasing the game and is better when the game is stretched.

I would have kicked Gunter in the balls,  

I agree with most of that, however I would have played Vydra with Nugent as they are our best pair at home for sure. I don't but the talk of Vydra being injured and if he was he should have been at home and not wasting a place on the bench. 

Winnall is better from the bench when we are chasing a game so  wouldve started vydra ( if fit ) and Nugent or  maybe Lawrence behind Nugent and gave Weimann a start as he done ok against dirty leeds....I would never have Pearce on the bench or gave him a new contract for that matter.!!!!..I still think Shackell is a better option so he would've been replacement for Keogh

As @Kirkbyramsaid in the substitutes thread, when Keogh was injured it was the chance to drop Big Tom into the back four and bring George Thorne on. That was a chance to transform the entire season for the better, but Rowett chose not to take it.

Obviously if Vydra wasn't fit I wouldn't have had him on the bench.

Archived