Dyche.

jagerbob

Kinda hated the guy at Burnley especially because twice he has taken what looks like an ordinary Burnley side up and done better than us.

Always seemed a cry baby when it came to us nicking Shackell, them not being able to match our wage for Bryson, Keogh etc.

And dont get me started on his whole claptrap about market place and market leaders!

But for once... he's right about something.....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41783564

He's also continually trying to build teams out of largely british players which i applaud.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, cannable said:

The ‘Canadian’s’ Scottish.

Irishmen’s just being picky. Correct... but overtly picky

Arfield born in Scotland, now a Canadian national. One I got wrong, Wood is a Kiwi not an Aussie.

As for being picky tell anyone born in Dublin, Cork etc. that they're British and see what reaction you get.

8 hours ago, cannable said:

The ‘Canadian’s’ Scottish.

Irishmen’s just being picky. Correct... but overtly picky

I need help from the mods....I can't seem to find the emoticon for throwing your own faeces at the computer screen in protest!

It must be here somewhere.

30 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not a fan of him and his bleating but when he leaves Burnley I fully expect their performance to go south very quickly.

The problem is, if he goes to Everton, instead of bleating about not having a lot of money, he'll just moan about not having enough to crack the top 6!!

Like Jamie Carragher saod last night on MNF, he'd be a fool not to take it, cus he really isn't going to get a better offer.  I for one would be interested on how he fares.

12 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

A better move for Dyche would be a long term rebuilding job at Sunderland if he thinks he's taken Burnley as far as possible. He won't get time at Everton. 

He would be absolutely off his rocker to take the Sunderland job, as would any aspiring coach with a decent reputation. That place is an absolute black hole.

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

A better move for Dyche would be a long term rebuilding job at Sunderland if he thinks he's taken Burnley as far as possible. He won't get time at Everton. 

I think that'd be a better move for Sunderland, awful move for Dyche. Would kill off all the momentum he's built as a manager.

He's one more PL success away from being talked about for the England job. Don't think he's ready for the expectations/squad at Everton but when that West Ham job becomes available I reckon that's the one for him. He'd definitely get Hernandez and Carroll playing well, they'd be perfect for his 4-4-2.

Expect our Jeff to get a decent move too, probably be a player Dyche would like to take with him.

I did say a long term rebuilding job!

If Dyche ended up at West Ham or Everton he'd be under pressure to finish mid table and play entertaining football right from the word go.

A basket case like Sunderland would give him time to build like he's done at Burnley, only with a club with more potential.

I had been told Everton had lined up Ancelotti but that was a while ago and nothing seems to have happened. If they offer it to Dyche he'd be crazy not to go. Sorry @uttoxram75but that's bizarre to suggest he should go to Sunderland instead. As we've seen, there are no guarantees to getting out of the Championship. Dyche has served his time there and should be looking up not down. And if he takes Jeff with him to the Toffeemen then he'll be knocking on the door of the top four!

All that said, I was never a big fan of having him at Derby. It's totally irrational as he's obviously a good manager but he doesn't excite me. Happy with our Gary.

I’m not a big fan of his either Carl. IMO his long term job prospects would be better if he convinced a chairman that given time, he would build a strong mid table Prem club. Based on what he’s done at Burnley I reckon he could do a bit more with a larger club like Sunderland if given 5 years.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I have King Billy down for Sunderland.  I don't dislike them or owt but I bet he could go in and get them up the table.

On 10/31/2017 at 11:21, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not a fan of him and his bleating but when he leaves Burnley I fully expect their performance to go south very quickly.

Maybe Burnley will "go south very quickly" if Dyche leaves, but it depends who replaces him. Rowett has similar tactics to Dyche and Burnley know he did a fine job at Brum on a low budget.

And whatever, BFC's future, they have 16 points this season - 5 more than Derby managed when they last graced (or disgraced) the top flight.:lol:

Archived