Rowett signings hit or miss

PistoldPete2

A bit early but IMO so far..

Wisdom ... Miss... Seemed terrified of crossing yesterday and his passing was terrible
Davies ... Hit... A big reason for our run of  clean sheets
Huddlestone.. Miss... Has lost his radar and needs someone to fetch and carry alongside him.
Ledley... Hit... Nothing special but he does very little wrong.
Lawrence.. Miss .. Needs a goal, although he has talent I think.
Winnall.. Not seen enough of him, but id rather have him on the bench than Butterfield.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well these days if a download doesn't enter the charts at number one (do they still have charts, BTW? ) then it's a miss.

I remember a time when you heard a tune on the radio, it grew on you and others gradually and if you saved up a few weeks  you could eventually afford a copy just as it was breaking into the top ten! 

Give the new guys a bit of time - and to totally confuse things by changing the analogy - it's a marathon, not a sprint! 

8 hours ago, angieram said:

Well these days if a download doesn't enter the charts at number one (do they still have charts, BTW? ) then it's a miss.

I remember a time when you heard a tune on the radio, it grew on you and others gradually and if you saved up a few weeks  you could eventually afford a copy just as it was breaking into the top ten! 

Give the new guys a bit of time - and to totally confuse things by changing the analogy - it's a marathon, not a sprint! 

Maybe you dont remember a time when Juke Box Jury was on TV. New songs were played for the first time and panellists voted them a Hit or Miss. 

Im just asking the same question, based on what you've seen so far. Of course it's very possible that someone like Lawrence could become a good signing, but he needs a goal as his shooting hasn't been great so far. 

All (hits) good signing. Hudds hasn't set the league a light and Wisdom made a few bad passes second half but  I think that's got more to do with the whole team not quite clicking yet. Hopefully we will and start to win games easier. On Saturday we needed to find that second goal faster so we settle down.

The problem Lawrence has got is that he was always going to be compared to Ince who had a really impressive scoring record. I think Lawrence has played well in patches and seems to be getting better as he settles in. He is one of the few players that tries something different and he will be rewarded over the course of the season.

From the DET:

So, would Ledley like to stay with Derby beyond January if he is offered a new deal?

"Yeah, definitely," the 30-year-old told the Derby Telegraph, "especially with the situation we're in now.

Ledley says there have been no discussions with him as yet regarding his future at the club.

"No, there's been nothing at the moment," he added. "It's still early doors - I've only been here for a month or so."

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-ledley-opens-up-derby-663912

13 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

A bit early but IMO so far..

Wisdom ... Miss... Seemed terrified of crossing yesterday and his passing was terrible
Davies ... Hit... A big reason for our run of  clean sheets
Huddlestone.. Miss... Has lost his radar and needs someone to fetch and carry alongside him.
Ledley... Hit... Nothing special but he does very little wrong.
Lawrence.. Miss .. Needs a goal, although he has talent I think.
Winnall.. Not seen enough of him, but id rather have him on the bench than Butterfield.

Lawrence is no miss, no way. Just give him time. Same with Wisdom.

3 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Maybe you dont remember a time when Juke Box Jury was on TV. New songs were played for the first time and panellists voted them a Hit or Miss. 

Im just asking the same question, based on what you've seen so far. Of course it's very possible that someone like Lawrence could become a good signing, but he needs a goal as his shooting hasn't been great so far. 

I certainly do. "Oi'll give it foive!"

Ok, then, I think they are all hits. Although I was a bit unsure about Winnall as I thought we had enough forwards and I haven't really seen enough of him to change my mind yet. Maybe one for the future.

I'm particularly impressed with Davies, Ledley and Wisdom so far.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

No misses yet Lawrence needs to stop trying to do everything and Huddlestone needs to move 15 feet further forward 

I thought Lawrence on Sat played his best 'team game' performance, and was less so an individual. I was almost urging him to take the full back on.

I think the lad has real potential, and over time could be a better player than ince

If you think Lawrence/Wisdom have been misses then you haven't been watching them very closely. Top players at this level. 

The Wednesday game was Wisdom's only poor game since he's been back, which is a pretty good return so far. And Lawrence is so pain-stakingly close to a goal it's unbearable. What he goes to affect the game over the 90 minutes though is superb. A genuine threat - the goals will start flowing soon enough!

Archived