Rowett type of player

MackworthRamIsGod

55 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I wouldn't class McClaren as an intelligent manager as such , he knows how he wants his teams to play but not very adaptable.

Possibly not, however which managers are? For me his failing was not the way he played and being able to change it, but not having the cover or able to bring players in for key positions that were pivotal to the way he wanted to play.

Look at some of the most successful managers, they have a favoured way of playing, and more often that not bring players in to suit that system, even MAC2 you could see he was trying to do this when bringing Martin back.  The difficulty with the job is not what formation or tatitcs you play, it's getting it to work that's the key.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alpha said:

:lol::lol:

Does his plan involve not winning very often?

Curtis Davies... comfortable on the ball? Compared to Shackell and Pearce maybe! 

Wisdom is Rowetty. But was signed on loan by a previous manager to build a team of failures that won over 50% of their games 

His midfielders are ball winners with varied skill sets like Johnson... Who he didn't sign. But not like Huddlestone who he did sign

Rowett strategy is to attack and press.... :lol:

Really Alpha that's a low blow using a boxing analogy. The lad has hardly got his feet under the carpet yet. 

Nit even got to the throwing water bottle tantrums yet. 

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Really Alpha that's a low blow using a boxing analogy. The lad has hardly got his feet under the carpet yet. 

Nit even got to the throwing water bottle tantrums yet. 

What's a low blow? Pointing out the hypocrisy and irony? Again

I don't know what you mean by throwing water bottles?

9 hours ago, Ninos said:

Because he goes into games with a plan explains that plan in the media, and executes to that plan. Players look focused and motivated. That's why. He's reshaping a failure of a side. 

Its fine to ask what his type of player is but the responses are cynical and comical. As usual

The answer is complex but ...

his defenders are Curtis Davies types : big strong comfy on the ball great attitude leaders. Set piece monsters. Wisdom too is Rowetty 

His midfielders are strong ball winners but he recognizes a need for varied skilsets. Johnson is our most Rowetty midfielder.

His forwards need be impact hard working pressing quick strong players - so far, Winnall maybe 

A Rowett player is one who can adapt to a strategy of attack press create but also defend in a structure with the ability to break quickly. 

My fave player was Hughes but he's not a Rowett player cuz he's not that strong and prob not willing to really put time in to get stronger and cannot counter at real pace plus his lack of goalscoring prob sealed his fate. He was a good presser though and read the game well ...

In a rather pitiful thread, I enjoyed reading this. 

I was one of few who thought Pearson should have been given more time to clear out a lot of the under achievers, but player power won the day yet again. It's good to see Rowett not afraid to look at the likes of Butterfield and say you're off, look at the likes of Martin and say you're not an automatic first choice. 

Towards the end of the window he was close - very close in one case - to shifting two out, but couldn't, so struggled to get people in. 

And the final day wasn't the disaster everyone seems to think it was. Got rid of a midfielder and brought in a striker. Got rid of another midfielder and would have brought in another had the guy not signed the wrong bit of the form. Hardly the manager's fault. Has brought Ledley in since; a good signing even in the short term. 

I want and expect him to succeed. I like the guy and am prepared to put up with some transition style football while he tries to sort this mess out, 

But I guess it's easier to just take the piss.   

54 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

An inconsistent, greedy ball-hogger?

And this is based off of how many games when no one is doing anything around him?! The bloke was brilliant last season for Ipswich and has just scored at international level. He may or may not turn out to be as good as Ince, I’m not 100% convinced myself, but how’s about giving him a chance? Showed enough against wolves to prove his Potential imo.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Got rid of a midfielder and brought in a striker.

Yeah, was that a good idea? We have another striker despite already having three great strikers and couple of academy prospects, including Mason Bennett.

We've also stopped playing with two strikers and gone back to 3 midfielders, despite only having two fully fit midfielders, one of which is the slowest midfielder in the league and the other loving a yellow card, and two midfielders who didn't have a pre-season, haven't played in ages.

But at least we have 5 strikers instead of one! Now worries! We'll stick 'em out on the wing, freezing our quickest player, a Scottish international, in a team that's slow because there's a shortage of quick midfielders

So glad Rowett's focus on young athletic players has led us to a midfield of Tom Huddlestone, Joe Ledley and Bradley Johnson at 10!

13 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

In a rather pitiful thread, I enjoyed reading this. 

I was one of few who thought Pearson should have been given more time to clear out a lot of the under achievers, but player power won the day yet again. It's good to see Rowett not afraid to look at the likes of Butterfield and say you're off, look at the likes of Martin and say you're not an automatic first choice. 

Towards the end of the window he was close - very close in one case - to shifting two out, but couldn't, so struggled to get people in. 

And the final day wasn't the disaster everyone seems to think it was. Got rid of a midfielder and brought in a striker. Got rid of another midfielder and would have brought in another had the guy not signed the wrong bit of the form. Hardly the manager's fault. Has brought Ledley in since; a good signing even in the short term. 

I want and expect him to succeed. I like the guy and am prepared to put up with some transition style football while he tries to sort this mess out, 

But I guess it's easier to just take the piss.   

I think most do mate but you can't just pluck statements out of your arse to justify a point, that's why people have issues with the post you quoted and probably why the positive thread got shot down. 

There's got to be some middle ground in-between the miserable and the blind. Curtis Davies comfy on the ball?! Let's be reyt.

23 hours ago, Ninos said:

Because he goes into games with a plan explains that plan in the media, and executes to that plan. Players look focused and motivated. That's why. He's reshaping a failure of a side. 

Its fine to ask what his type of player is but the responses are cynical and comical. As usual

The answer is complex but ...

his defenders are Curtis Davies types : big strong comfy on the ball great attitude leaders. Set piece monsters. Wisdom too is Rowetty 

His midfielders are strong ball winners but he recognizes a need for varied skilsets. Johnson is our most Rowetty midfielder.

His forwards need be impact hard working pressing quick strong players - so far, Winnall maybe 

A Rowett player is one who can adapt to a strategy of attack press create but also defend in a structure with the ability to break quickly. 

My fave player was Hughes but he's not a Rowett player cuz he's not that strong and prob not willing to really put time in to get stronger and cannot counter at real pace plus his lack of goalscoring prob sealed his fate. He was a good presser though and read the game well ...

Excuse me Sir but that is utter tosh. The rest of it is just mere tosh. No offence intended. 

Archived