Four years ago today

PodgeyRam

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

A bit of context... There's something like 25 passes for the Derby v Yeovil goal and it took about 1 minute. We had approx 100 passes v Brentford in 90+ minutes. 

Was a great move,  and although Yeovil were no great shakes they had a few players like Wayne hennessey in goal and luke ayling at right back. 

Always remember the chap running the away car park. We asked him if he was going to be  busy. His reply..."big crowd spected today. ..moight get as many as sebn thowsund " .

Happy days following the rams that season :D

Mel finally gives up and sells us to a Chinese billion dollar group of passionate football men who fell over themselves to buy into the history of a founder member club..

After a whirlwind promotion and FFP busting world record signings, Derby are just starting their first CL campaign, with 3 wins already and a 100% record in the Premier League it looks like being a great season for the 80,000 season ticket holders who pack into the new state of the art stadium...

9 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

A bit of context... There's something like 25 passes for the Derby v Yeovil goal and it took about 1 minute. We had approx 100 passes v Brentford in 90+ minutes. 

I'd totally forgotten the Yeovil game. How can anyone who saw that (or watches the video) want Rowett and his style of football to stay on as manager?!!!

ps who was that young blonde-haired lad?

11 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Might need to wake the missus up watching that Yeovil goal... always loved that! Only problem is these days we would be Yeovil! 

Does it not anger anyone else seeing Derby score goals like this when now it looks as though we absolutely do not have any idea of how to pass the ball around and draw opponents out of position? Infuriating really.

7 minutes ago, mastah said:

Does it not anger anyone else seeing Derby score goals like this when now it looks as though we absolutely do not have any idea of how to pass the ball around and draw opponents out of position? Infuriating really.

No even though GR football for me is turgid, from 5 years under clough these were very few and far between, I'm sure even under Rowetts tenure you could find a couple that make us look like Brazil.

Just now, AdamRam said:

No even though GR football for me is turgid, from 5 years under clough these were very few and far between, I'm sure even under Rowetts tenure you could find a couple that make us look like Brazil.

The standard of players we have at our disposal is far and beyond the standards of yesteryear (Claude Davis I am looking at you), we just seem to have an inert ability to attack effectively. Now, I didn't watch/listen to the Brentford match but can someone explain to me how we only had 19% of the possession at half time? 19%!!

3 minutes ago, mastah said:

The standard of players we have at our disposal is far and beyond the standards of yesteryear (Claude Davis I am looking at you), we just seem to have an inert ability to attack effectively. Now, I didn't watch/listen to the Brentford match but can someone explain to me how we only had 19% of the possession at half time? 19%!!

Not watching or listening shouldn't hold you back from having a view, Derek.

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just before Clough got sacked....oh how Sam must have celebrated when we lost (unluckily) at Forest...

when I think back to those days it was a lot happier. 

I'll admit I wanted Clough gone but when you look at some of that movement you can see we were on the cusp of something great. 

I do miss those days now, I wonder if he would ever come back I for one would settle for a couple of years of sorting the team out. 

1 hour ago, mastah said:

Because we didnt successfully complete many passes.

That's all the possession stat is - number of successful passes compared to the opposition number of successful passes.

2 hours ago, mastah said:

It is simple when you go direct (hoofball) you have 1 or 2 upfront against at least 4 defenders, so the law of averages means it will go to a defender most of the time. Add to that if the attacker is making a run he has his back to the ball while the defenders are facing it. 

1 hour ago, Raminphilippines said:

It is simple when you go direct (hoofball) you have 1 or 2 upfront against at least 4 defenders, so the law of averages means it will go to a defender most of the time. Add to that if the attacker is making a run he has his back to the ball while the defenders are facing it. 

Watch Ledley's 'pass' on 22 minutes 30 seconds.

someone explain what that's all about please?

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Watch Ledley's 'pass' on 22 minutes 30 seconds.

someone explain what that's all about please?

Actually it was johnson.....so no surprise there.

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'd totally forgotten the Yeovil game. How can anyone who saw that (or watches the video) want Rowett and his style of football to stay on as manager?!!!

ps who was that young blonde-haired lad?

When Mel first took over I thought he wanted Derby to play attractive and entertaining football. The appointment of Mac, and later talk of the 'Derby Way' and all that.  So it came as a shock when he appointed Pearson. And then Rowett. It appears now that Mel doesn't give a fig what style of football we play. Which is depressing because i really want us to play football again like our manager's name is Jim Smith.

I still believe Mel wants what is best for the club, it's just I've become somewhat disillusioned with the route he is trying to take to achieve success.

Archived