Four years ago today

PodgeyRam

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just before Clough got sacked....oh how Sam must have celebrated when we lost (unluckily) at Forest...

We were playing like that the year before as well, at home at least. 

The general philosophy and performances were good, its game management and organisation that let him down.

19 hours ago, AdamRam said:

No even though GR football for me is turgid, from 5 years under clough these were very few and far between, I'm sure even under Rowetts tenure you could find a couple that make us look like Brazil.

Thing is though, these 2 examples were within a few weeks of each other at the start of the 2013 to 2014 season. 

They show what we were capable of building towards. 

We weren't finished of course, as we got steamrollered at home  by powerful reading and Burnley sides in the same period  but this was where we had reached with the incremental improvement under NC.

Set up nicely for mac. Now, can Gary be similarly effective at building - and hopefully a bit quicker.

15 hours ago, cannable said:

We were playing like that the year before as well, at home at least. 

The general philosophy and performances were good, its game management and organisation that let him down.

terrific shooting in the Millwall game i noticed from outside the box - we dont seem to have a pop from out of the box any more  - there were several times against Birmingham where someone needed to have a "dip" but know one does. Shooting  - a great art and scores goals!! Charlie George, Bruce Rioch et al  used to wang them in from there!!!!

26 minutes ago, Grantona said:

The Rams were much better in 2013/14 with hungry players - since than after throwing lots of money trying to win promotion, the club seems to have regressed season by season. Maybe some of the players on long-term deals did/do not fancy the Premier League?

Thats just blaming the old guard for poor tactics and poor recruitment by others.

Archived