Derby County V Birmingham City

peachmyster

7 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

You can get into good positions, get past players and have the final ball let you down. You can look like something is about to happen and it just gets away from you at the last second.

Or you can be like Vydra and Weimann and never even look like doing anything with the ball.

I fully agree Lawrence looked our best forward player today, but to describe him as looking dangerous, probably flattered him a little 

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Me too...exactly what was going through my mind...come on Mason, ram my words down my throat and make me choke on them...alas! History...

we've gone from a side that controlled games to a side that barely controls the football...we lose possession so easily and the players look like they have no idea what they are about to do when the ball comes to them. The best player on the pitch today was Keogh...he was our most creative outlet and he's a centre back. 

I still don’t think Mason will be a championship quality player. I fear it is a sad reflection of how bad today’s game was that he looked ok when he came on 

We are a mid-table side in transition. That is exactly what today's performance reflected. Rowett will need another two or three windows as the pace of change is clearly being hampered by our position regarding FFP. 

The game was nothing to write home about but there will be plenty more of the same this season, it's just where we are. 

I thought Lawrence showed some flashes of quality, can deliver a decent ball and I reckon he will prove a good signing in the end... 

7 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

We are a mid-table side in transition. That is exactly what today's performance reflected. Rowett will need another two or three windows as the pace of change is clearly being hampered by our position regarding FFP. 

The game was nothing to write home about but there will be plenty more of the same this season, it's just where we are. 

I thought Lawrence showed some flashes of quality, can deliver a decent ball and I reckon he will prove a good signing in the end... 

I like the look of Lawrence my only criticism of him would be before he signed we were all looking at these video clips where he was banging shots into the top corner from about 30 yards. When the opportunity comes he passes instead of letting rip.

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Did he have any possession?  I didn't think he did a deal when he came on but we didn't exactly play to his strengths. 

When he got given the ball, even in difficult situations, he held it up and didn't lose it. He almost exclusively makes crisp passes too, he's good at slowing down the game when he gets the ball and then speeding it up again by moving it on with pace.

But also I'm just winding up Ninos.

I thought we were rubbish two poo teams cancelling each other out with their pooness.

Never really looked like we got out of second gear. First half was so poor i was hoping he'd make a sub after 20 mins

Davies & Keogh put in some good tackles & we were that poor first half Keogh was one of our better forward players first 45

lawrence looked decent, johnson & olsen still give me hope of making it as a professional footballer & Martin came on and did a lot of pointing that was pretty much it 

we were poor & it was a very dull game no real movement. Liked winnalls sliding challange looked like he had a point to prove & bennet should have done better when clean through 

27 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Probably feeling hard done by after scoring  that cracker in the cup and still being placed behind weiman who just runs around a lot...a typical GR player I suppose.

Never mind,I'm sure he will soon be sold or loaned about to another key rival,score a hatfull to be replaced by an active amoeba who likes a good fight..

Exactly, wouldn't blame him at all. Most productive of all our wingers this season with I'd imagine the least minutes.

Lawrence does great dance moves. That's what he did at Ipswich and Brum. The fact he was their creative spark says more about them than him. He's always preferred to dance with opponents than actually do something. 

He's exactly what I expected. I don't think he's exciting. I think I have seen him do his fancy flicks and disco kicks too often. 

I mean Ipswich Town... David McGoldrick was a magician for them. 

Didn't want to criticise him too much before he arrived but I'm bored of him already. Doesn't do owt

21 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I still don’t think Mason will be a championship quality player. I fear it is a sad reflection of how bad today’s game was that he looked ok when he came on 

if mason bennett turns out to be one of our better forward players it will be as a result of us going backwards as a team rathar than him developing into some great talent  

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Lawrence does great dance moves. That's what he did at Ipswich and Brum. The fact he was their creative spark says more about them than him. He's always preferred to dance with opponents than actually do something. 

Brum?????? 

if Bennett scores it's a whole other story 'grinding ' out a win. A las it wasn't too be. 

Team in progress top half shoulds be the aim playoffs an overachievement.

3 years of mismanagement takes a lot of undoing. The midfield situation is a debacle though.

Winnall, Bennett, wisdom, forsyth, ledley are all in with a shout for brentford away.

5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

if mason bennett turns out to be one of our better forward players it will be as a result of us going backwards as a team rathar than him developing into some great talent  

Well he's not really the finished article. Today he showed that when one on one against the keeper. He has the pace FFS all he had to was draw the keeper and put it past him... But he shot from too far out. If he could learn better finishing well he would be quite a good player. 

5 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

if Bennett scores it's a whole other story 'grinding ' out a win. A las it wasn't too be. 

Team in progress top half shoulds be the aim playoffs an overachievement.

3 years of mismanagement takes a lot of undoing. The midfield situation is a debacle though.

Winnall, Bennett, wisdom, forsyth, ledley are all in with a shout for brentford away.

I think wisdom fozzy and Ledley should all start. Maybe thorne too. Winnall and Bennett are impact players IMO. 

Archived