Is Max Bird.....

ilkleyram

Just now, RamNut said:

The very fact that you are interested in cricket is a symptom of a declining libido..........sorry mate.

You have to be far tougher to play cricket at any decent level than to play football. 

Standing firm whilst a ball is heading for you at a rate of knots takes some nerve. 

Believe me I have played both.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Dont remember the exact date that happened to me, but was probably 20 years ago.

I do remember playing football manager as a teenager though, and thinking players under 23 were young players, and anyone over 23 was quite old. :( Oh dear... how time flies.

The only things I can remember playing as anteenager were cricket in the street, using a dustbin lid held up by a brick for wickets and knocky nine doors. Of course, this was all played in black and white or sepia!

2 hours ago, David said:

DB1D6A04-D738-4483-90AC-59398884842B.jpeg

Cracking player. By the look of his cheek, it's more a chasm than a crack though. He seems to have a plate tectonic thing going on.

42 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Max Bird has proved that you can do anything if you put your mind to it and are focused.

Too many young kids give up when they are born.

Good for him.

Its always pleasing when youngsters make the way up to first team.

Although, its clear Bird has talent, there are DCFC players who have surely proved lack of ability needn't hold you back (naming no names)

On 9/13/2017 at 11:05, needles said:

Wait until you're 30-odd and less and less players are younger than you. Then one day you're older than anyone in the squad. On that day, take my tip and get pissed.

I'm anxious for Kevin Poole to re-register yet again, so there will be one player in the league older than me. 

He's my last hope.

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 07:59, RamNut said:

Too old to play for Derby. :(

its all downhill from 32 mate

your hair will start dropping out

you'll begin to need specs for reading 

you'll find yourself visiting garden centres....

Nothing wrong with garden centres !

Archived