Martin/Winnall

Thameram

13 minutes ago, Norman said:

Martin, Lawrence and Winnall should all have passed.

They didn't because we were 5-0 up and they all wanted a goal.

Which is why the Hull "chances" argument is dead to me. They wouldn't have had them chances in a tighter game. We played well.

Nugent had a similar one, there was also Johnson's shot from about 35 yards that wouldn't have happened if the game was tighter. I really don't mind players trying to shoot from acute angles to get on the score  sheet when we are 5 to the good.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, rynny said:

Again why only highlight Martin's "poor" decision making by shooting? Why not Winnall's or Nugent's?

Tom Lawrence is certainly not leaving, if only a some really immoral financial proposal doesn't come to the club.

Chris Martin isn't anymore the player who used to be, three or four years ago.

So people should stop dreaming and deluding themselves about his value and significance to the squad.

He simply doesn't fit to Gary Rowett's football philosophy and the tactics.

He doesn't run enough, he doesn't defend (tackling) and he doesn't track back the opponents.

Modern football is constantly changing and evolving and the people who can't accept those changes and adapt themselves will fall out.

22 minutes ago, rynny said:

It is a clear hatred for a player that plays for our team, that wants to do well. Everything he does has a negative reaction.

I actually like him, I don't hate him at all. Why should I?

We are just discussing his short performance.

I am criticizing him, so what, and I think it's constructive criticism.

I don't see enough hunger, passion and desire in him.

1 hour ago, lioncoeur said:

I actually like him, I don't hate him at all. Why should I?

We are just discussing his short performance.

I am criticizing him, so what, and I think it's constructive criticism.

I don't see enough hunger, passion and desire in him.

Constructive criticism? What a load of rubbish, how is this constructive? Cheap, nasty dig.

1 hour ago, lioncoeur said:

For the money he's paid, I myself would have come directly from Belgium by foot to the training ground.

This thread is good, but I'd like to see a few more pernickety screenshots accompanied with detailed analysis before I can have it down as excellent.

Normal football fans think us forum posters are sad loners typing away trivially at a computer. They don't know the fun they're missing out on.

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Absolutely, he didn't have any other option.

@Ninos not sure what the laughing reaction is about, what part do you disagree with?

It wasn't that hard for a player of his ability to cross the ball. @lioncoeur was right. Plus the angle of the shot and the position of the goalie meant he pretty much had no chance to score. And he didn't. Basically Martin wants and needs a goal and he's gonna keep pressing for it

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It wasn't that hard for a player of his ability to cross the ball. @lioncoeur was right. Plus the angle of the shot and the position of the goalie meant he pretty much had no chance to score. And he didn't. Basically Martin wants and needs a goal and he's gonna keep pressing for it

Wrong, check out Forests goal by Ben Osborn yesterday. Scored from pretty much the same position thus proving it is very possible to score from that angle. 

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

God forbid a striker tries to get himself up and running for the season when we're already 5-0 up with ten minutes to go.

Take a look at yourself.

Plus hadn't GR recently said something about Martin needing to shoot more often or have I misremembered?

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

This thread was created to try and argue Martin to fit back in the side. People need to realise he is currently bottom of the pecking order. 

vydra and nugent is working very well right now so I don't seem the need to start thinking about having a different strike force.

can we not just hope these other two strikers can come on and make a difference when needed or do we need Martin playing for fans to be happy?

Spot on. People are desperate for him to be starting, no logic whatsoever.

It's like some people just don't want some players to do well for Derby county sometimes- let's get rid of the ones who cost very little and have produced the goods time and time again - current ones that some people seem to dislike - Martin Bryson koeogh Russell  but yes replace them with the expensive non performers - Butterfield Blackman Anya Camara 

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Martin, Lawrence and Winnall should all have passed.

They didn't because we were 5-0 up and they all wanted a goal.

Which is why the Hull "chances" argument is dead to me. They wouldn't have had them chances in a tighter game. We played well.

Exactly but rather than mention Lawrence and Winnall, the sad Martin haters yet again take the opportunity to single-out CM because in their warped opinion he is the devil incarnate as far as Derby County is concerned. He is currently behind Nugent in the target man role and on recent form that's justified but from the Rams' point of view it's great to have a player of Martins' quality and experience ready to step in if and when the need arises.

It's amusing but rather sad that there are half a dozen or so posters who's main purpose on the forum appears to be to criticise the best striker we have had in the last 10 years but there you go.....it takes all sorts.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Why do people bother arguing with the terrible trio. 

They know as much about football as my dog

Hmm,I think my forum will be immeasurably improved henceforth with optimum use of the ignore function.

Constructive arguements with balance and reasoning is why I love it here,but this rubbish takes the edge off it.

Aaah,that's better.?

I will obviously turn it back off for Martin's hat trick against forest just to gloat.

We have a good squad. We have had for years. It's about getting the most from them as a team for each game. Options. I was massively impressed by Friday. Did not see that coming. Yes Hull were a joke, but we took them to the cleaners. 

Maintaining that kind of performance now is vital if we are to achieve. 

I only worry about midfield. But it'll soon be January and we can bolster the ranks if needed. We could do with Thorne getting out of Barnsley feeling fit and sexy. I can't wait to see him back out there. Just hope the home side aren't the sorts to kick him cynically. Neil Warnock would be all over it. I think Heckingbottom at Barnsley is more of a football purist.

There's areas of Australia that are less explored/picked over than a 10 minute Chris Martin sub appearance.

Its amazing how some on here are so willing to try and change the argument just so you can win it rather than just taking on board what others are trying to say. 

Nugent deserves the spot at the minute. Martin, Winnall, Russell will all get their chance and what's pleasing is that when players come on they all link up well together. The introduction of Lawrence has also given the other players that extra yard around them so everyone is getting more time, that is vital.

Essentially attacking options are very good and they are linking up well together. What more needs to be added?

23 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It's like some people just don't want some players to do well for Derby county sometimes- let's get rid of the ones who cost very little and have produced the goods time and time again - current ones that some people seem to dislike - Martin Bryson koeogh Russell  but yes replace them with the expensive non performers - Butterfield Blackman Anya Camara 

You could have picked a better 4 mate, I don't think anybody's really wanted any of them! 

Archived