Martin/Winnall

Thameram

Yep, let's not focus on the fact that after a season where we only had a one goalscoring threat that we now have some pretty formidable striking options and instead have yet another whinge about Chris Martin. The same tired old arguments get trotted out like clockwork as if somehow repeating the same crock of shizzle a gazillion times is going somehow going to validate it. If Martin doesn't reach former heights again it won't be because he's 'slow, overweight, past his best' or any of that rubbish, it'll be because he doesn't fit the system. He started 23 games last season, often under difficult circumstances and netted 10 times. Hardly the stats of a striker who's lost his edge.

As for those pointing out that Vydra is back on his game might like to reflect on the fact that his barren run was over multiple seasons and yet here is looking sharp again. The funny thing is, many of those eulogising Vydra now (along with Nuge) are precisely the same people who were happily writing him off too. Fickle or what?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/09/2017 at 12:20, Steve How Hard? said:

Amazing that we win 5-0 and still there has to be a scape goat. Personally I think if Rowett doesn't banish Martin to training with the youth team this week then Mel should be looking at installing a new manager by this time next week.

Its amazing how we win 5-0 with our best 2 strikers up front and some deluded fans try to turn it into a Winnall martin debate.?

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

Its amazing how we win 5-0 with our best 2 strikers up front and some deluded fans try to turn it into a Winnall martin debate.?

I know, right, just a simple thought they looked good together has got posters  that aren't  keen on Martin spitting feathers, and taking apart his 10 minute performance, absolutely deluded they are, especially if they think we only need 2 strikers for the whole season.

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

I know, right, just a simple thought they looked good together has got posters  that aren't  keen on Martin spitting feathers, and taking apart his 10 minute performance, absolutely deluded they are, especially if they think we only need 2 strikers for the whole season.

I'm beginning to think that some of our fan base are incapable of holding more than a single thought or a single opinion at any one time. It's a Homer Simpson type of situation, where every time he learned something new, it pushed some old stuff out.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

If you try and look past your obvious hatred for a certain striker you might just realise that there is absolutely nothing negative to find with the fact we have four very capable strikers vying for places in the team. Healthy competition which will hopefully spur them all on to perform at the top of their capabilities. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

I mean I'm only going from the thread title - But I'm pretty sure... Might even go as far as very sure... Maybe even certain... That this IS in fact a Martin/Winnall debate

The main clue was it says that at the top of every page of the thread

6 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I mean I'm only going from the thread title - But I'm pretty sure... Might even go as far as very sure... Maybe even certain... That this IS in fact a Martin/Winnall debate

The main clue was it says that at the top of every page of the thread

Yes i know, it was the fact that we win 5-0 using are best two strikers and some fool starts a topic about a 10 minute part of the game, when if fact the match had already been won by then.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Yes i know, it was the fact that we win 5-0 using are best two strikers and some fool starts a topic about a 10 minute part of the game, when if fact the match had already been won by then.

I'm sure if martin had come on, missed 3 sitters, a peno and got sent off, you wouldn't even have mentioned it.....

7 hours ago, toddy said:

You do make me laugh. A couple of posts were put up saying that even though it's a small sample, there were some positive signs as to a possible Martin and Winnall pairing. Nobody has suggested that they should start over Vydra and Nugent, not even the staunchest of Martin fans. In any case, given your relentless posting of the opposite standpoint, what gives you or Ninos the right to dictate what other posters choose to post? If you didn't have such a massive hang up with Martin and such a hopeless grasp of irony, you'd see how comical your post really is. And while we're on the subject of irony, you've now posted several times about Chris Martin to complain that others are doing the same. Ludicrous!

So, given the majority of the forum has had to put up with you dragging your anti-Martin agenda up on literally hundreds of occasions across any number of different threads, why the hissy fit? And given the number of anti-Martin posts you've lodged, do you not think that your post is more than a tad hypocritical, or is it only you who is allowed to voice an opinion? You're like a child stomping his or her feet, to be honest. And yes, there are a few others of your mindset, but the striking difference is the sheer volume of your posts on the subject. I'd wager you've posted more gripes about Martin than all your unconnected posts put together. Furthermore, have you considered that the reason there appear to be so many Chris Martin posts from others is that there are far more folk who rate him, than don't? Probably not...

In any instance, you can rest assured, as clearly you are in some doubt, that you've made your point. Now perhaps, you should allow others to do the same? And before you start trotting out examples of folk justifying their thoughts on Martin on this thread, you should know that those posts along with mine, were in direct response to Nino's ramblings, as like you, he can't cope with even the notion that Chris Martin might have something positive to offer the club. A cursory glance back through the last few pages will confirm this.

On 9/9/2017 at 12:38, Thameram said:

I thought they looked quite bright and struck up a bit of a partnership in the 10 mins they were together winnall looks like he has a bit of nasty in him as well,will be useful in away games

Yep, we could do with a bit of controlled aggression in the team. 

On 13/09/2017 at 02:32, 86 points said:

You do make me laugh. A couple of posts were put up saying that even though it's a small sample, there were some positive signs as to a possible Martin and Winnall pairing. Nobody has suggested that they should start over Vydra and Nugent, not even the staunchest of Martin fans. In any case, given your relentless posting of the opposite standpoint, what gives you or Ninos the right to dictate what other posters choose to post? If you didn't have such a massive hang up with Martin and such a hopeless grasp of irony, you'd see how comical your post really is. And while we're on the subject of irony, you've now posted several times about Chris Martin to complain that others are doing the same. Ludicrous!

So, given the majority of the forum has had to put up with you dragging your anti-Martin agenda up on literally hundreds of occasions across any number of different threads, why the hissy fit? And given the number of anti-Martin posts you've lodged, do you not think that your post is more than a tad hypocritical, or is it only you who is allowed to voice an opinion? You're like a child stomping his or her feet, to be honest. And yes, there are a few others of your mindset, but the striking difference is the sheer volume of your posts on the subject. I'd wager you've posted more gripes about Martin than all your unconnected posts put together. Furthermore, have you considered that the reason there appear to be so many Chris Martin posts from others is that there are far more folk who rate him, than don't? Probably not...

In any instance, you can rest assured, as clearly you are in some doubt, that you've made your point. Now perhaps, you should allow others to do the same? And before you start trotting out examples of folk justifying their thoughts on Martin on this thread, you should know that those posts along with mine, were in direct response to Nino's ramblings, as like you, he can't cope with even the notion that Chris Martin might have something positive to offer the club. A cursory glance back through the last few pages will confirm this.

I have merely being pointing out the fact that he was a good goalscorer for us a few seasons back. Was is the optimum word here and hightlighted the fact that he has season on season scored less goals for us. Some of the deluded think he will return to the Maetin of 13/14 season and he is merely lacking confidence. FFS get real.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

I have merely being pointing out the fact that he was a good goalscorer for us a few seasons back. Was is the optimum word here and hightlighted the fact that he has season on season scored less goals for us. Some of the deluded think he will return to the Maetin of 13/14 season and he is merely lacking confidence. FFS get real.

Funny how there's a definitive correlation between those who don't think Martin could get his form back from a couple of years ago and those that still think Bryson is good.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

I know right? The managers (save Mcclaren) have moved on but some clearly have not. Showed some nice touches versus Barnsley for sure and was more supportive of teammates and worked harder but like a lot of players we have and have had, we need to move on. 

Not sure what the Bryson correlation comment is about.

I have sworn to myself I won't say a single word or make any comment any more after I have noticed a lot of fans here are emotionally attached to CM.

I think he isn't a holly cow.

The players are just expendables, they come and they go.

The club stays. DCFC will live happily ever after.

I am hoping he will prove me wrong and he'll start performing, so when January transfer windows opens there won't be a need for him being transferred.

And yes, I'd like Gary to buy Sam Winnall at the first possible occasion, cause he's the next big thing. I've seen enough of him to say.

He's the one for the future.

21 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

I have sworn to myself I won't say a single word or make any comment any more after I have noticed a lot of fans here are emotionally attached to CM.

I think he isn't a holly cow.

The players are just expendables, they come and they go.

The club stays. DCFC will live happily ever after.

I am hoping he will prove me wrong and he'll start performing, so when January transfer windows opens there won't be a need for him being transferred.

And yes, I'd like Gary to buy Sam Winnall at the first possible occasion, cause he's the next big thing. I've seen enough of him to say.

He's the one for the future.

So, 10 minutes pitch time for Winnall is enough to tell you that Martin is surplus to requirements?  You should be the manager! 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

So, 10 minutes pitch time for Winnall is enough to tell you that Martin is surplus to requirements?  You should be the manager! 

I've seen the highlights of his previous games. You can see directly he's got the talent to succeed.

You don't need to be Albert Einstein to notice it.

How can you be so sure and know I am not related to football in one way or another.

I have accidentally certain relations in the football world, but mainly on the international level.

I have given enough time to CM til January, I am waiting for him.

Archived