Martin/Winnall

Thameram

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

I know right? The managers (save Mcclaren) have moved on but some clearly have not. Showed some nice touches versus Barnsley for sure and was more supportive of teammates and worked harder but like a lot of players we have and have had, we need to move on. 

Not sure what the Bryson correlation comment is about.

Because the same people that think Martin is useless now, also seem to be the same ones who think Bryson can be good again.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

I've seen the highlights of his previous games. You can see directly he's got the talent to succeed.

You don't need to be Albert Einstein to notice it.

How can you be so sure and know I am not related to football in one way or another.

have accidentally certain relations in the football world, but mainly on the international level.

I have given enough time to CM til January, I am waiting for him.

I thought overseas countries had birth control nowadays. My bad.

44 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

I've seen the highlights of his previous games. You can see directly he's got the talent to succeed.

You don't need to be Albert Einstein to notice it.

How can you be so sure and know I am not related to football in one way or another.

I have accidentally certain relations in the football world, but mainly on the international level.

I have given enough time to CM til January, I am waiting for him.

We have had fans convinced by 2-minute videos that Camara was the answer to all our woes, and more recently someone was advocating buying a player on the grounds that he scored a great goal 7 years ago.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

We have had fans convinced by 2-minute videos that Camara was the answer to all our woes, and more recently someone was advocating buying a player on the grounds that he scored a great goal 7 years ago.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2017/january/sam-winnall-wins-the-sky-bet-championship-player-of-the-month-award/

Being nominated for the player of the Month in the Championship, makes him more than qualified, I think.

lswarge.jpg

13 hours ago, toddy said:

I have merely being pointing out the fact that he was a good goalscorer for us a few seasons back. Was is the optimum word here and hightlighted the fact that he has season on season scored less goals for us. Some of the deluded think he will return to the Maetin of 13/14 season and he is merely lacking confidence. FFS get real.

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

I have sworn to myself I won't say a single word or make any comment any more after I have noticed a lot of fans here are emotionally attached to CM.

I think he isn't a holly cow.

The players are just expendables, they come and they go.

The club stays. DCFC will live happily ever after.

I am hoping he will prove me wrong and he'll start performing, so when January transfer windows opens there won't be a need for him being transferred.

And yes, I'd like Gary to buy Sam Winnall at the first possible occasion, cause he's the next big thing. I've seen enough of him to say.

He's the one for the future.

Hope not indeed.

The trouble with them holly cows is they're p***ks :lol:

I think Martin is the highest scorer in the championship over the last 3 seasons combined. 

Now past performance isn't a guarantee of future performance but he's far from finished. 

Whether he suits GR system is a different question.  But he's got a lot of goals left in him when team plays to his strengths

If we're only measuring Chris Martin's effectiveness by the number of goals he scores then I think we do him a disservice.  

He was the deepest lying of the forwards on Tuesday night but as several have commented from watching the highlights he was involved in most of our creative play.

I am not saying that we should ignore the lack of goals but his role may be changing over time and if this enables others to score then I am happy with that! 

On 10/09/2017 at 00:40, Leicester Ram said:

Giving Martin a striker partner will get him back to his best. He's one of the most intelligent players we have and he thrives when he has someone close to him.

Happy to role with Vydra and Nuge right now but I expect Martin will play a big part this season.

Winnall looks like a younger version of Nuge, which is exactly what we needed. Can't rely on a striker in their 30's all season.

Outside of the obvious misfire and providing we can solve our lack of midfield, I think it's been a fairly successful window. Might not see the real benefits of it until next summer when the squads been cut down and we can bring players in much easier.

I'm sure it's been said - I have not been around as much for the last couple of weeks - but how ridiculous is that?

The player signed the document, just in the wrong place??? Surely it must happen reasonably often in a game where there are a fair number of internationals and...ummm...early school leavers?

As long as the intent was clear, why wouldn't an obvious mistake be waved through? Legally, the mistake would have to be horrendous to affect the legal efficacy of a contract.

Archived