Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought everything was submitted in time so the deal was ratified....and then a mistake was discovered in the paperwork which led to deratification with an appeal which was ultimately rejected. I guess he was in the gym during the period of appeal??  The suggestion on here was nthat he had signed his name in the wrong box.

The Redknapp sacking messes this transfer up a bit. I'm sure that there would've been a deal between the clubs in Jan but with a new manager coming in, it allows Kieftenbeld a way back into the setup there. We may still get him, but it probably won't be as cheap as the reported fee was in the summer. Shame as, after watching the game today, he is the type of player we could do with, and Rowett still talks very highly of him.

12 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

The Redknapp sacking messes this transfer up a bit. I'm sure that there would've been a deal between the clubs in Jan but with a new manager coming in, it allows Kieftenbeld a way back into the setup there. We may still get him, but it probably won't be as cheap as the reported fee was in the summer. Shame as, after watching the game today, he is the type of player we could do with, and Rowett still talks very highly of him.

Who to say Rowett will still be here in January?

On 9/12/2017 at 16:34, archied said:

That's not the one I'm thinking of , same as ramblur the one I remember was daylight goal ,,,, now I think of it it may be his first ever goal for Derby too that I'm thinking of , sure it was a cracker at the ossie end

Shame,shame and a million shames on me.I got the right end,but some kind of onset of senility allowed me to call the Ossie end the Normo end.So there we are,he scored a pretty good goal at the Ossie end v Villa in broad daylight.May have been his first league goal for us (I don't know),but it couldn't have been his first goal,because he scored against Blackpool,and Burridge transferred from them to Villa (and was in goals for them that day).

• 4 weeks later...

I assume derby could have signed him but couldn't have played him until january. 

We had agreed the deal with brum and were grateful to them for taking him back.

5 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

More than likely be an upgrade on Huddlestone.

Yeah I wouldn’t give up on Huddlestone just yet. The team needs to get used to its formation with players both coming short for the ball and finding space. Hudds has great experience and whilst slow of foot is quick to spot a pass. He also has great shot on him and I was almost surprised to see his effort from outside the box against Cardiff blocked.

We definitely need a midfielder who can collect the ball from Hudds and Ledley then drive the team forward. I’m not sure that Kieftenbeld is that player. He’s combative not class.

Thorne isn’t that player either but I would love to see him back to form and fitness. He would also benefit from that busy type of player we lack.

6 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Played amazing tonight helping control midfield and with Che Adams winner makes it potentially more expensive to sign either in Jan. 

Really? The game didn't have my full attention, but I looked up when they said Keiftenbeld left his man (on the edge of the box) for them to have a good chance. Didn't see that much of note. Just cos he can move around a bit doesn't make him amazing, does it?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah I wouldn’t give up on Huddlestone just yet. The team needs to get used to its formation with players both coming short for the ball and finding space. Hudds has great experience and whilst slow of foot is quick to spot a pass. He also has great shot on him and I was almost surprised to see his effort from outside the box against Cardiff blocked.

We have to build a team around an aging, slow, tackleless midfielder who's goal scoring record is Spurs: p 209 g 15 and Hull: p 161 g 8 ?

2 hours ago, David said:

You usually don't if you're not paying attention ?

The Brummy have been playing like d******, the bits I saw (which was plenty) they looked like hard-working fairly talentless scrappers. So Keiftenbeld should suit us down to the ground. I saw plenty of tweets aimed at DCFC fans or RTed by them talking Keif up. Still didn't see much to get excited by, but then maybe you rate him because of that.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

In other news, the Bryson thread is very quiet this morning.....

Had one of those games he was having last season for Derby.

Got up and down the pitch lots, was combatative but Cardiff created very little of note in the box. He had one of their better chances.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still didn't see much to get excited by, but then maybe you rate him because of that.

I don't rate players based on what won't excite you :) 

We need a scrapper, that's what he is. Not an entertaining player, won't see him on Soccer AM skillz clips, so no, would't expect anyone to be excited by him but that doesn't mean he's not a player that we could have done with.

What will excite you is if he's back in the team it's unlikely we'll get the bargain in January we could have had.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I don't rate players based on what won't excite you :) 

We need a scrapper, that's what he is. Not an entertaining player, won't see him on Soccer AM skillz clips, so no, would't expect anyone to be excited by him but that doesn't mean he's not a player that we could have done with.

What will excite you is if he's back in the team it's unlikely we'll get the bargain in January we could have had.

Not really bothered if we pick him up for a cheap fee or not. If him and Huddz are the future of our midfield then you're welcome to get excited by them as I won't.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Not really bothered if we pick him up for a cheap fee or not. If him and Huddz are the future of our midfield then you're welcome to get excited by them as I won't.

Go on, giz a smile, you know you want to ?

Archived