Derby County v Hull City

Leicester Ram

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Good performance 1-11 plus subs. Nobody had a bad game. Nugent deserved more for his effort but no goals. 

Consistancy please... 

That's exactly what i saw AR. I noticed that after we lost a ball every player it seemed hustled back and won back the ball - remember Olssons, Weimann Vydra Davies Baird all of them playing with so much passion - t's really nice to see 10 players killing themselves for 92 minutes. Hull played like us under Mcclaren and got smashed. But as you say we need to see it every game. And Vydra goal number 2 was just a beautiful interchange of passes with a lethal ending! Lovely evening out! 

36 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Keogh's trackback to win the ball after it was lost by Lawrence towards the end was something special. Thought all played well. Striking options we have are now frightening. Well done to all.

My reaction too - that Keogh tracback and tackle was utterly brilliant ... there were lots of others too but that was the pick of the litter. Rowett said when he came in that we needed to work on things when we don't have the ball. They sure did that in heaps, wow.

Bit disappointed with that second half performance, only winning 1-0. Rowett out. :ph34r:

On a serious note work rate was unreal from the lads tonight, special mention to Vyds, Johnson, Lawrence and Olsson. Weimann's tracking back was exceptional too. Now for consistency! 

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Didn't go tonight due to health reasons. Watched it on TV and thought we were lucky at 1 - 0 with them missing the penalty. The saying don't look a gift horse in the mouth springs to mind. From then on we had the midas touch and scored from every shot. Great from our perspective but I think the score papered over the cracks.

I'm not on deaths door just incapacitated at the moment. 

Hope you're better soon matey. xx

The opening line on the Sky Sports match report sums up the game...

"Brilliant Derby County hammered Hull City 5-0 with a ruthless performance in the Sky Bet Championship on Friday night."

Yet we still have some complaining that it wasn't a "top two" performance. It's literally impossible to please everybody isn't it?

Personally I thought the 5-0 score line flattered them! Our non taken chances were better than there's.  I can only really remember one shot of theres on target that Carson tipped over

lets give the lads credit when it's due, we certainly give them enough stick when they lose or play crap.

most clinical finishing since Fulham at home last season and great to see us creating so many chances whilst limiting the opposition to scraps

Archived